Swim Meet Accept/Decline Process
All declarations for attending or declining a swim meet will close on the Friday, two weeks prior to the actual date of the meet. We will send out email reminders prior to the close of the deadlines for all meets.
Please take note of the following process for declaring your intent to swim in a meet:
1. To commit, opt out or amend the day(s) you will be attending a meet go to the following website.
- In the middle of the home page you will see the “Events” tab that lists the upcoming meets that the team will be attending. On the right side, you will see a button labeled “Attend/Decline” if you are not logged into your Team Unify account, or, you will see “Edit Commitment” if you are logged into your account. If you want to decline swim meet attendance or make a change to the days, click this button. You will be asked to log in to your account and then you will see the name of your child. Click on the swimmer’s name.
- If you want to attend both days of the swim meet, then leave the “Yes, please sign [swimmer] up for the event” box selected and click Save Changes. You can decline the meet if unable to attend by selecting “No, thanks, [swimmer] will NOT be attending the event” and click Save Changes. If you want to only attend one day, then leave the “Yes, please sign [swimmer] up for the event” selected, and make a note in the box below as to the day you want to attend. Example, “We can only swim on Saturday.” Make sure to click Save Changes. Otherwise, if there are no notes, we will assume you can attend all days of the swim meet.
2. Once you have opted your child to commit/attend the meet your child's coach will have final discretion of his/her's events.
3. Your CMAC account will automatically be charged the swim meet entry fees once all entries are submitted to the meet admin. A credit card will need to be saved to each account to process the meet entry fees. Most races will cost approximately $6-7 and there is a meet surcharge of $10 per swimmer by the meet host.
4. A few days before the swim meet, our coaching staff will send out meet information and a timeline in PDF format. This will include pool address, arrival times, what to bring, what to expect and any volunteer timing shifts your family might have. Please realize that if you sign your child up to compete, you will also have a volunteer timing shift at the meet during the session in which you swim (AM or PM session). You will not be required to time in sessions you are not competing.