Parent Code of Conduct
As a parent of a swimmer and member of Costa Mesa Aquatics Club, I will abide by the following guidelines:
- Practice teamwork with all parents, swimmers, players and coaches by supporting the values of Discipline, Loyalty, Commitment and Hard Work.
- As a parent, I will not coach or instruct the team or any swimmer or player at a practice or meets (from the stands or any other area) or interfere with coaches on the pool deck.
- Demonstrate good sportsmanship by conducting myself in a manner that earns the respect of my child, other swimmers, parents, officials and the coaches at meets and practices.
4. Maintain self-control at all times. Know my role.
Swimmers – Swim
Coaches – Coach
Officials – Officiate
Parents – Parent
5. As a parent, I understand that criticizing, name-calling, use of abusive language or gestures directed toward the coaches, officials, and/or any participating swimmer or player will not be permitted or tolerated.
6. Enjoy involvement with Costa Mesa Aquatics Club by supporting the swimmers, players, coaches and other parents with positive communication and action.
7. During competitions, questions or concerns regarding decisions made by meet officials are directed to a member of our coaching staff. Parents address officials via the coaching staff only.
Sanctions. Should I conduct myself in such a way that brings discredit or discord to Costa Mesa Aquatics Club, USA Swimming or USA Water Polo, I voluntarily subject myself to disciplinary action. CMAC maintains the right to terminate any membership with/without cause in the interest of our vision, mission and objectives.
Parent/Guardian Signature Date