1. Tryout - The first step is to come swim with us. The coaches need to see you swim and put you in with the correct group of swimmers. The coach will recommend Gold, Silver, Bronze or Novice group. Contact Us for a tryout. Please be on time for your tryout. You will need to bring goggles and a swim cap. To qualify for our Novice program, swimmers need to be able to swim a 25-yard freestyle and backstroke.
TRYOUT DAYS: Tryouts will be held the third week of every month on Tuesdays and Thursdays at 5:30 p.m. with Coach Julie. We will not accept any walk-in tryouts, appointment needs to be made, and tryouts are limited to five per day. Please bring goggles, swim cap, proper swim attire (no street clothes allowed in the pool) and sufficient water for a workout.
*We DO NOT offer swim lessons.
2. Groups - There are 4 groups available in the non-summer months.
Platinum - These are our fastest swimmers. They are training for WAG, JAG, Junior Olympics, Sectional, and National meets. Fees are $120 per month.
Gold - These kids are seasoned competitive swimmers and our younger WAG, JAG, and Junior Olympic swimmers. Four- to five-day-a-week attendance is expected. They know all their strokes and turns and have the endurance to swim an extensive workout. The dues are $100 per month for Gold.
Silver - These kids know all their strokes and turns too. They are working on their speed, stamina and technique to get them to the next level. They are expected to swim at meets and attend practice at least three to four times a week. Silver dues are $90 per month.
Bronze - Can do all the strokes but are still working out all the details. They are expected to swim at meets attend practice regularly. Bronze dues are $80 per month.
Novice - Can swim across the pool freestyle and backstroke and are learning breaststroke and butterfly. Novice dues are $70 per month. Swim meets are encouraged.
Once your child has tried out and has been placed in a group, the coach will advise you on what equipment is necessary. Goggles, a swim cap, and proper swim attire (jammers for boys and a training suit for girls. No bikinis or novelty swimwear) are required for all levels.
Bronze, Silver, Gold, and Platinum swimmers, a SOLID black competition suit is required for swim meets. Our head coach prefers Arena Powerskin 2.0 in solid black for boys and girls (mandatory for Gold and Platinum swimmers) This suit can be purchased on Amazon or Swimoutlet.com.
3. Sign up! - At the top of the web site click Register-Join. Then Continue at the bottom and fill in all of your account details. This is setting up the account so it has to be done by a parent or guardian. ACCOUNT is in the parent's name and MEMBER is the child. Automatic payment is required so put a credit card on file. Don't forget to buy your USA Swimming membership here too.
4. USA Swimming Membership - We are a USA Swimming sanctioned team. We get all of our guidance and insurance from USA Swimming. During the sign up process you will purchase a USA Swimming membership for each swimmer. The cost for 2019 is $68 each.
5. Billing - Your dues for the first month will be prorated (reduced) and along with your USA Swimming membership will be charged to you credit card. Regular monthly dues will be charged the first of each month thereafter. Swim meet entry fees will be charged to your credit card about a week before the meet. Once meet fees are charged they cannot be refunded. You must have a credit card on file. This is how your monthly dues and swim meet fees are billed.
6. Swim Meets - We compete in swim meets about once a month. On the Events tab you will see the upcoming meets. Once you see the pink Edit Commitment link there you can sign up for the meet. After you sign up to go the coaches will help decide which events to enter.