ELITE AQUATICS SPORTS TEAM
CODE OF CONDUCT
CODE OF CONDUCT FOR EAST ATHLETES GOVERNING PARTICIPATION IN THE EAST PROGRAM AND THROUGHOUT THE ENTIRE SPORTS YEAR.
PURPOSE: The purpose of this code is to promote the best possible individual, team, and program responsibility which supports the development of first class citizens at all times.
PART I – GENERAL CODE OF CONDUCT RULES
- All participating team members will abide by this code of conduct.
- All participants will wear designated team suits and T-shirts during all competition.
- All athletes will participate in all designated championship events they are qualified for.
- Curfews at team travel events, as a member of EAST or USA Swimming/USA Water Polo sponsored event and at all related activities will be obeyed. Extension will only be granted by the Head Coach. Curfew is not enforced if participant is with parents.
- Male and Female athletes may not be in each other’s room on any team trip unless supervised by designated Club official.
- Use of alcoholic beverages is unacceptable at any time during the sports year.
- Use of drugs other than those prescribed by your physician is unacceptable at any time during the year.
- Smoking is unacceptable at any time during the year.
- Disrespectful, indiscreet or destructive behavior will not be tolerated. It is the responsibility of each athlete to make every effort to avoid guilt by association with such activities at any time during the year.
- Bullying of any kind is unacceptable at EAST and will not be tolerated.
11. All participants and their parents have a responsibility to do their best to ensure that this Code of Conduct is adhered to and to help ensure the safety of these Program participants.
PART II- VIOLATION OF THE CODE OF CONDUCT RULES
- At the discretion of the Head Coach any one or all of the following penalties will be applied:
- Athlete may be scratched from the event.
- Athletes may be sent home immediately from practice or event at his own expense and if there is extra expense it will be the athlete’s responsibility.
- Athlete may be suspended from the team until the athlete and parents have had a conference with the Head Coach and appropriate disciplinary actions have been implemented. This is automatic with violations of General Conduct Rules 5, 6, 7 and (or) 8.
- Violation of General Conduct Rules 4,5,6,7,8,and (or) 9 on team trips will result in the athlete being suspended from ALL team trips for the remainder of the sports year and/or a specific period determined by the Head Program Coach.
I, herby agree to abide by the rules of conduct as set forth in Part I above and acknowledge that, should I violate any provision in Part I, I will be subject to disciplinary action, as set forth in Part II, including suspension.