Guelph Marlins Aquatic Club is seeking a Part Time Swim coach for our learn to swim program. This position will consist of coaching 6-10 hours per week, possibly more. GMAC is a Non Profit swim club that has between 300-600 swimmers registered throughout the fall, winter, spring, and summer sessions.
- Must be available to coach in the evenings and occasional weekends
- Work with developmental group swimmers
- Instruct swimmers on proper swimming technique as per criteria set out by group
- Create positive fun environment encouraging swimmers passion for the sport of swimming
- Establish positive professional relationship with swimmers, parents and other coaches
- Preforms other duties as assigned.
- NCCP skills coach ( previously level 1)
- All certifications are current and in good standing with or willingness to train in order to hold position.
- Has knowledge of technical and training aspects of competitive swimming.
- Ability to communicate with swimmers, staff and parents is a professional manner
- Ability to work independently and in team environment
- Must pass all appropriate background checks
- Experience in competitive swimming/coaching preferred but not required. Training can be provided in order to receive proper status for coaching.
We are willing to train if you are willing to learn. Having a swim background, whether you swam when you were younger, or even swam on your highschool team.
Please send your resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org