Scheduling a tryout with Lakewood Aquatics has a few important steps – please read them and contact coach Lucy (949) 735-8914 or coach Joe (562) 881-5879 with any additional questions.
- Your first step is to have a formal evaluation of your athlete to help determine the appropriate placement on the team. Please call or email to schedule an evaluation
- Swimmers should be able to swim 25 yards of freestyle and backstroke and have a working knowledge of breaststroke and butterfly
- Bring swim suit, towel, goggles and swim cap (optional)
- Evaluation will be around 15 minutes depending on what the swimmer knows
- Evaluations are available Mon-Thur from 4-4:30 PM & 6-6:30 PM at Cerritos College, and Mon-Thur from 5:00-5:30 PM & 6:00-6:30 PM at Lakewood High School
- After the tryout, swimmer will be given new swimmer registration packet including:
- USA swimming registration form & check ($68) – birth certificate or passport needed
- Lakewood registration fee
- These initial fees cover things like USA swimming insurance for athletes (mandatory), as well as aid in offsetting costs for team events, banquets, and others.
- Swimmers are placed into the group most appropriate for their current level of skill and fitness, desired level of commitment, and after a meeting with the swimmer, family and coaches