CANADIAN TIRE JUMPSTART PROGRAM
One in three Canadian families cannot afford to enrol their kids in organized sports and physical activity (Vision Critical, 2011) which means many kids are missing out on the benefits that come with organized play. Canadian Tire Jumpstart is a nationally registered charity dedicated to removing financial barriers so kids across Canada have the opportunity to get off the sidelines and into the game.
Whether it’s the chance to try a sport for the very first time or to continue with a favourite physical activity, Jumpstart makes it possible for all kids to participate. We see it as equipping kids for life because quality physical activity in kids does more than improve health and well-being. It helps build confidence, leadership, productivity and creativity.
Click here for more info
How to apply.
1. Complete the application form
2. Submit completed form and addressed/stamped envelope to Triton Administration
3. Triton Admin will then complete Club portion of application and mail to Jumpstart
By providing kids with an opportunity to participate in sport programs, KidSport encourages:
- developing early physical activity habits that will help increase the probability that kids will remain active in adulthood
- getting kids active in sport programs when they are young to develop a strong and healthy community for the future
- helping to create these opportunities for sport participation and playing a significant role in supporting many under-represented families in Canada facing economic obstacles
Click here for more information and application
Page updated: July 16, 2019