Orange 1 Group
Swimmers in this group are younger and less experienced who are not yet focused on competing. The goal is to be proficient in back, breast and free by year's end and to have been introduced to fullstroke butterfly. Swimmers in this group will be able to compete if their coach approves that they are ready for meets, which will typically be held on Saturday Afternoons. Practices are 1 hour in length, twice a week, and will focus on providing the appropriate level of training. All new swimmers will participate in a Bluephins' Coach Assessment for proper group placement.
- 10 and Under
- Graduate of Miniphins, TTC or placement by coach's assessment.
Swimmers will develop their skills and stroke technique.
- 1 hour practices
- 2x per week (September to mid June)
- Flexibility will be a focus
- Pre-workout activation
Team Gear and Equipment Requirements
- A competitive swimming suit
- Goggles & Cap are optional but recommended
- Team T-Shirt (provided)
Swimmers’ Commitment and Goals
- Attend all practices and participate fully in program. (listen, learn, laugh)
- Attend club social events and all appropriate competitions
- Have fun while learning how to swim better!
- Have your child to the practice on time and prepared to swim.
- Car pooling is a must to make sure athletes get to practice
- Communicate with group coach or head coach with any questions.
- Keep up to date by viewing club website, emails, notices and club bulletin board. Respond when necessary to requests from coaching staff or club.
- You will be expected to volunteer your time at local competitions as an official. Parents will also be asked if they are interested in helping with other parts of club such as committees and special events.
Swimmers should attend all competitions that are available to them. The coaches will let the group know what meets the group will attend.
How We Teach
Our skilled coaching staff will develop a plan for the entire season. We will use available equipment to develop stroke technique, build endurance and create speed.
Sport For Life
Athletes in this group will fall under the FUNdamentals and Train to Train stage of the Long Term Athlete Development Model (LTAD). A copy of this is available on the Bluephins' website www.charlottetownbluephins.ca under the Swimmer Info tab. This document and the accompanying parent handbook are recommended reading as it will explain the sport science behind how your swimmer will progress as an athlete.
Specific training sets will be performed throughout the season to keep track of progress.
Swimmers in this group will graduate to their next group once they require the increase in training to keep developing.
Note: There are many additional factors that can impact placement. For more details please reference the club parents' manual or season registration package.