Blue 2 Group
This group is intended for young swimmers with some experience who are focusing on competing. They have been cleared by their coaches to start competing as of the start of the season. These 11 and over swimmers are proficient in all four strokes as well as turns and dives. They have had competition experience and have demonstrated an eagerness to compete. Practices are 1 to 1.5 hours in length, five times a week, including one morning session and will focus on providing the appropriate level of training. All new swimmers will participate in a Bluephins' Coach Assessment for proper group placement.
- 11 to 14
- Graduate of Blue 1, or placement by coach's assessment.
Swimmers will continue develop their skills and stroke technique, with a focus on performing proper stroke at race speeds and executing race strategies.
- 1.5 hour practices
- 5x per week (September to end of June)
- Flexibility will be a focus
- Pre-workout activation
Team Gear and Equipment Requirements
- A competitive swimming suit
- Goggles & Cap are optional but recommended
- Team T-Shirt (provided)
Swimmers’ Commitment and Goals
- Attend all practices and participate fully in program. (listen, learn, laugh)
- Attend club social events and all applicable competitions
- Have fun while learning how to swim better!
- Have your child to the practice on time and prepared to swim.
- Car pooling is a must to make sure athletes get to practice
- Communicate with group coach or head coach with any questions.
- Keep up to date by viewing club website, emails, notices and club bulletin board. Respond when necessary to requests from coaching staff or club.
- You will be expected to volunteer your time at local competitions as an official. Parents will also be asked if they are interested in helping with other parts of club such as committees and special events.
Swimmers should attend all competitions that are available to them. The coaches will let the group know what meets the group will attend.
How We Teach
Our skilled coaching staff will develop a plan for the entire season. We will use available equipment to develop stroke technique, build endurance and create speed.
Sport For Life
Athletes in this group will fall under the Train to Train stage of the Long Term Athlete Development Model (LTAD). A copy of this is available on the Bluephins' website www.charlottetownbluephins.ca under the Swimmer Info tab. This document and the accompanying parent handbook are recommended reading as it will explain the sport science behind how your swimmer will progress as an athlete.
Specific training sets will be performed throughout the season to keep track of progress.
Swimmers in this group will graduate to their next group once they require the increase in training to keep developing.
Note: There are many additional factors that can impact placement. For more details please reference the club parents' manual or season registration package.