Swimmers in this group are performing at a proficient level of swimming technique. Swimmers have begun developing their competitive skills. Practices are 1 ½ to 2 hours in length and will focus on providing the appropriate level of training. Practices are structured with high expectations being placed on the swimmer. All new swimmers will participate in a Bluephins' coach assessment for proper group placement.
- Graduate of Blue group program
Swimmers will develop their skills and technique to their highest level. The ability to perform under pressure will be a key to the success in this group. Developing mental skills and racing strategies will be a focus.
- 1 ½ to 2 hour practices
- Morning practices
- Specific dryland training times will be provided
- 6x per week (September to end of June)
- Flexibility will be a major focus
- Some resistance training may be introduced
Team Gear and Equipment Requirements
- A competitive swimming suit
- Goggles & Cap are optional but recommended
- Team T-Shirt (provided)
Swimmers’ Commitment and Goals
- Attend all practices and participate fully in program. (listen, learn, laugh)
- Attend club social events, all appropriate competitions and stroke camps
- Have fun while learning how to swim better and faster!
- Have your child to the practice on time and prepared to swim.
- Car pooling is a must to make sure athletes get to practice
- Communicate with group coach or head coach with any questions.
- Keep up to date by viewing club website, emails, notices and club bulletin board. Respond when necessary to requests from coaching staff or club.
- You will be expected to volunteer your time at local competitions as an official. Parents will also be asked if they are interested in helping with other parts of club such as committees and special events.
Swimmers should attend all competitions that are available to them. Swimmers will strive to attain NB and NS Championship Qualifying Standards.
How We Teach
Our skilled coaching staff will develop a plan for the entire season. Training will be intense and focus on developing all energy systems. We will use all available equipment to develop stroke technique, build endurance and create speed.
Sport For Life
Athletes in this group will fall under the Train to Train stage of the Long Term Athlete Development Model (LTAD). A copy of this is available on the Bluephins' website www.charlottetownbluephins.ca under the Swimmer info tab. This document is recommended reading as it will explain the sport science behind how your swimmer will progress as an athlete.
Specific training sets will be performed throughout the season to keep track of progress.
Swimmers in this group will graduate to the Senior program once they require the increase in training to keep developing.
Note: There are many additional factors that can impact placement. For more details please reference the club parents manual or season registration package.