Mini Whale White
2017/2018 Mini Whale White schedules:
Monday/Wednesday: 3:45-4:00 activation, 4:00-5:00 swim
Tuesday/Thursday: 4:45-5:00 activation, 5:00-6:00 swim
Mini Whale White is our entry level into the competitive program. The main objective is to teach the fundamentals of competitive swimming, including stroke technique and rules of competition, and to build aerobic capacity. Swimmers are introduced to the four competitive strokes as well as the spirit of competition in a fun, engaging, and supportive atmosphere.
- Graduation from the I Can Swim program or a recommendation from a coach
- Completion of Red Cross level 5 (able to swim one length of the pool, as well as being comfortable in deep water)
- Elementary School aged
Expectations of swimmers:
- Will attend all practices with a great attitude and eagerness to learn
- Attend time trials, local invitational meets, and any stroke camps offered
Expectations of parents:
- Make sure to have the swimmer at the pool on time with all required equipment
- Contact the coach if the swimmer will be missing a practice or meet
- Stay informed of upcoming events by checking the website, bulletin boards, as well as talking to the coach
Required Gear and Equipment:
- Cap (for all swimmers whose hair exceeds eyebrow length)
- Water bottle
- One-piece swimsuit for girls
- Jammer, square, or brief swimsuit for boys
For swim meets, swimmers should have all of the above equipment plus their blue CRKW t-shirt, sweatpants, several towels, healthy snacks, and a time-occupying activity.
Swimmers in Mini Whale White practice twice weekly, with each practice consisting of 15 minutes of activation followed by 60 minutes in the pool. Swimmers are also invited to time trials which happen on various weekends throughout the year as well as competitions hosted by other clubs.
Registration for the Mini Whale White program is ongoing. If you are interested in a skill assessment or require further information about this or any other Mini Whale program, please contact
Assistant Head Coach Sarah MacDonald at sarah.CRKW@gmail.com