Sea Lions Administration
The Sea Lions Swim Club is operated as a subcommittee of the Calgary Winter Club Athletics Committee. Coaches are employees of the Calgary Winter Club, reporting to the Athletics and Operations Manager at the CWC. The main administrative and operational aspects of the Sea Lions Swim Club are carried out by CWC management, the registrar, and the coaches to include the following:
- recruitment, hiring, and training of coaches;
- setting and administering fees;
- swimmer registration; and
- setting training schedules.
SEA LIONS COMMITTEE
The Sea Lions Committee is made up of parent volunteers who are elected at the Annual General Meeting (AGM) held in the spring of each swim season.
The roles of the Sea Lions Committee include the following:
- provide leadership for the operations of the Sea Lions Swim Club (in collaboration with CWC management and coaches);
- manage the Sea Lions’ Booster Fund;
- organize social/team-building activities for Sea Lions swimmers/parents;
- organize CWC swim meets;
- organize officials for home and out-of-town meets;
- organize other activities that support the Sea Lions swim club (team photos, fundraising, out-of-town meets, etc.); and
- manage the Sea Lions website.
The Sea Lions Committee generally meets on the 3rd Wednesday of each month at 5:30 p.m. The meeting schedule is available on the Sea Lions website under the Sea Lions Committee tab. All parents are strongly encouraged to attend these meetings to keep up-to-date on Sea Lions activities, policies, and challenges, as well as to provide feedback.
Minutes of the Committee meetings and Monthly Coaches Reports are available upon request from the Sea Lions Committee Chair. Please see the Sea Lions Committee list for contact information.