Swim meets are a great family experience. They're a place where the whole family can spend time together and where swimmers spend time with their swim team family.
Listed below are some guidelines geared to help you through your first couple of swim meets. If you have any questions, please ask your coach.
Swim Meet Protocol
· Swimmers are expected to be ready on the pool deck 15 minutes prior to the start of every meet warm up. Being on time indicates to the coach that the athlete is prepared.
· Team instructions and team activation takes place prior to the start of the meet warm up.
· Swimmers are expected to be on deck for the entire meet.
· Swimmers are to wear warm clothing on deck or GHAC attire during the entire swim meet.
· No junk food or nuts are allowed on deck.
· Parents are not allowed on deck during practices or swim meets, unless as authorized by GHAC.
· Swimmers must check in with your coach
o Please greet your coach prior to warm-ups, before and after races, and before you leave. This way we can help prepare for races, share important information, and confirm relays.
· Warm Down
o Whenever a warm down space is available, swimmers should warm down. Swimmers should confirm with their coach what their warm down is and parents should plan for 20 minutes after the last race for warm down.
· The coach selects all race events.
· Each athlete will race a variety of events throughout the year.
· Depending on the type of meet, swimmers will be placed in events that best suit their needs and the expectations set by the coach.