The Goulbourn Sea Hawks endeavour to use competitive swimming to create an atmosphere that inspires swimmers to achieve their maximum potential through a strong work ethic, self-discipline, and self-motivation. This is enabled through a family-friendly and highly social environment.
To instill a life-long love of swimming and academic prowess through a program of excellence in training, team unity, character development and family support. This will allow swimmers to focus on maximum results both in the pool and in school, propelling their swimming and academic careers beyond the GSH family.
We encourage family commitment and participation to build character and discipline through three pillars of tailored skill development:
Ignition (desire and passion for a goal)
Deep practice (intense commitment with a high-quality focus in mastering skills)
High-quality instruction / coaching. Coaches, coach and Parents educate, together we build character.
Our program will teach athletes to define a purpose, and our swim groups are designed to develop a sense of safety and belong within our membership.
- Our club was originally formed in 2000 under the name Goulbourn Aquatic Club.
- In 2007, the club decided to incorporate and change its name. The team held a contest among the registered club swimmers. Tim Holland submitted the winning name of Goulbourn Sea-Hawks.
- With the new name, we needed a new logo. A second contest was held with registered swimmers. Hailey Kehler submitted the winning logo.
GSH is a not for profit - sporting club.
- GSH is a Competitive Swim Team member of Swim Canada and Swim Ontario.
- GSH is guided by our club "Vision" and "Mission" statements & Governed by the by-laws.
- The volunteer Board of Directors oversees the general operation of the club. The GSH board is all volunteers from the swim team and your community.
- Under the direction of our head coach, the competitive program provides an environment for all swimmers to maximize their swimming potential.
- The board members (swim families) make financial commitments to run the club for the year on all GSH members.
- All families who join are part of this commitment, which is the reason for the contract all families sign.
- The club must honour this financial commitment to the city for pool, staff, and administrative costs for the full season.