Over 40 years of swimming excellence
Georgetown Indoor Pool - 70 Guelph Street, Georgetown, ON L7G 3Z5 (Behind Georgetown District High School)
How Do Swimmers Prepare for Swim Meets?
What to do before the meet:
- Have a hearty dinner the night before the meet.
- Eat breakfast or eat before coming, do not come to the meet hungry.
- Get a good night sleep the night before.
What to bring to the meet:
- Extra shirt
- Track pants or shorts
- 2 towels
- Deck shoes
- Extra swimsuit and extra pair of goggles.
- Put your name on everything!!
While you are at the meet:
- Check with your coaches for event status.
- Do a good warm-up to be ready.
- Practice dives.
- Stay with the team on deck so you do not miss an event.
- See the coach after every event to discuss performances.
- Only see your parents after you have spoken with your coach.
- Drink water
- Fuel your body – eat small amounts throughout the day.
- Stay warm and wear team shirt and pants between events if possible.
Before/during and after the meet:
- Eat and drink good foods only – no pop, chocolate bars or chips. Repair your muscles and body.
Please remember that you are a representative of the Halton Hills Blue Fins. We have a high standard for all of our swimmers, and as a representative of the club we expect all swimmers to do the same. At HHBF, we strictly adhere to the code of conduct as set out by Swim Ontario. We expect no less than exceptional behaviour at meets be they at home or away.