The Brad Reid Memorial Scholarship:
To commemorate the character, dedication and enjoyment for the sport Brad brought to the daily training environment Dr Paula Weaver, a close friend of the Reid family in collaboration with the Hyack Swim Club, have initiated this memorial scholarship in Brad's name. The Reid family are deeply honored and supportive of this scholarship initiative and hope that it will be sustained and grow in the years to come.
The scholarship will be available annually to a Hyack male and female swimmer who meets the criteria. A written submission will be submitted to the Head Coach for consideration by the scholarship committee. The application period is June of the current year to Sept 30th.
The scholarship recipients will be announced at the annual Hyack Awards banquet. The scholarship will be placed in the swimmer's account for use toward year end Championship meets.
Write a submission of approximately 1000 words outlining how you as the swimmer contribute to your group training environment with the same attributes that Brad Reid exemplified:
1. Be qualified at the Junior or Senior National Level, and current rank in these events
2. How do you contribute to the group training environment on a daily basis
3. How do you demonstrate leadership, dedication and enjoyment of the sport as well as maintaining a good academic level
4. What are your current and long term goals
5. In what way does your team spirit affect other members of the team.
Send your submission via email to email@example.com or in writing to Mark Bottrill, Director of Swimming.