Olympic Way White Program
Overview: Olympic Way White is the 3rd level of programming in our swim club. Here, swimmers are able to swim the freestyle and backstroke fairly well and they also are in the process of refining the breaststroke and learning the butterfly swim strokes. The main focus in this level is developing the swimmer's ability to swim the four competitive strokes to a level where they can demonstrate basic proper stroke mechanics. The concept of training is introduced at this level where they begin to use training aids such as kick boards and pull-buoys to assist in their physical development.
Our objective for the swimmers in this group is to continue the FUN aspect in every practice session started at the grassroots level. We also advance each swimmer's stroke technique, swimming speed, and overall fitness.
- Completed lessons and age 9 or less
- I Can Swim Stage 3
- Advancement from the Grassroots 2 program
- or an assessment from the Hyack coach
minimum age 7 to maximum of 9
Swimmers’ Commitment and Goals:
1. Attend all practices.
2. Attend as many of the stroke camps, Swim with the Stars, Mini-meets, and social events as possible. There is usually 1 Stroke Camp and 1 meet every 4-5 weeks.
3. Have Fun!
4. to move to OW Black 4:15 200 IM
1. Arrange to have your swimmer attend all practices and as many of the other offered camps and events as possible.
2. Contact your coach to let them know if your swimmer may miss a practice or event.
3. Stay informed by reading and responding to: website, bulletin board, and as always talking with your child’s coach.
4. Parent Volunteer Requirement starts. Assist with timing at mini-meets, get involved with other events through the year.
Team Gear and Equipment Requirements:
Practice: Swimsuit (boys – jammers or brief, no shorts), goggles, cap (especially girls with long hair), flippers, athletic shoes and clothes for the fall and spring.
Competition: Hyack Team Suit, Hyack Team T-shirt, Hyack Cap.
3 x 1 ¼ hour sessions per week (15 minutes dry-land, 60 minutes in water)
There are ‘twin’ groups operating at each pool, each with a number of different day and time options. Special camps, meets, and social events are offered which will see the groups combine at one pool or the other.
Schedule Options 2019 - 2020:
||OLYMPIC WAY - WHITE
||Tuesday & Wednesday
||6:30 - 7:45 pm
||7:45 - 9:00 am
||5:15 - 6:40 pm
||4:45 - 6:00 pm
||7:45 - 9:00 am
* ALL swimmers: September schedule may be different. Check www.hyack.com as September approaches for these modifications