- The Beta squad is designed for young swimmers who show interest in the sport and have participated in some NovaTech competitions.
- These swimmers are comfortable in a competitive setting. Betas are expected to be qualified at NovaTech Level 1 and approaching the NovaTech Level 2 standards.
- Betas can consistently and legally demonstrate the 4 basic strokes and are confident in their knowledge of practice protocols.
- Ideal age ranges are 8-11 years for girls and 9-12 years for boys
- The Trojan Beta group is recognized at the FUNdamentals level within the Canadian Sport For Life LTAD spectrum.