Transitioning..Lessons to Club Swimming
FREE SWIM CAMP FOR KIDS INTERESTED IN JOINING SWIM CLUB!!
Sept 11-15, 2017 from 3:45pm- 4:45pm
(Canada Games Pool - on deck in front of swim club office)
Club swimming is a great way for your child to continue to develop their love of the water. It is here that they will develop lasting friendships and solid life skills such as time management, goal setting, discipline and determination. Your swimmer can transition into Club swimming once he/she has a good grasp of the four competitive strokes and some endurance training.
So you want to be a Club Swimmer?
KCS Swim Lessons-Gold to Novice...
Now that you’ve completed the gold level of the KCS Swim Program and learned the basics of your four strokes and some fundamental racing skills like starts, turns and streamlining, its time to put them to use by joining the Novice group of Kamloops Classic Swimming's Club swimming!
Red Cross Lessons to Novice...
If you have reached the top levels of the City's Red Cross program, call us for a free Swim Club tryout.
The life of a Novice Swimmer…it's all about learning through fun!
Practices: Novice practice times are 3:30-4:45 pm Mon/Wed/Fri mid-Sept to mid-June. Swimmers can choose any 2 of the 3 practice times, or all three - at no extra charge!
Jamborees: Designed specifically for Novice and Junior swimmers, Jamborees are fun, one-day (most often) swim meets. Only novices and swimmers that have a timed swim in the 200 metre individual medley that is slower than 4 minutes can attend Jamborees.
The main focus of these swim meets is to:
- Have fun! Gathering with young swimmers from other cities, our swimmers will experience a fun team atmosphere focused on achieving "personal best" performances in the pool. This is a great opportunity to bond with new friends and build new skills.
- Give swimmers a chance to show what they’ve learned in practice and how that hard work is turning them into faster, more skilled and efficient swimmers. The more they practice, the more proud of their accomplishments they become.
After 6 months- 2yrs many swimmers will be able to swim the 200IM in less than 4:00 minutes, they will qualify for the 2-day regional meets if they choose the competitive stream.
2017-2018 Jamboree Schedule
- October 28 - Kamloops Jamboree (Fun meet)
- November 5 – Vernon Kokanees Swim Club Jamboree ~ Vernon
- November 25 - KCS Laps for Loonies Fundraiser ~ Kamloops
- December 15-17 – MJB Law Classic ~ Kamloops (home meet)
- January 27-28 – Williams Lake Invitational. ~ Williams Lake
- April 18 – SD #73 Elementary School Swim Meet ~ Kamloops
- Apr 28 Kamloops Spring Madness (home meet)
- TBA– Liquid Lightening Jamboree Jamboree ~ West Kelowna
- June 1-3 – TRU WolfPack Invitational ~ Kamloops (home meet)
- June 6 - Club End of Season Fun Day
**Swimmers can participate in some or all of the Jamborees. Please refer to club calendar for official meet information.
Jamboree costs:Jamboree participation is not included in your swim fees. There is a $4.50 swimmer surcharge to participate in away meets and each event will cost $4-7. Each swimmer will participate in 3-5 events and fees will be billed to your Family Account. Home meets are free for club swimmers.
***Check out our team cheer from last year's Shuswap Jamboree Click Here
2018 - 2019 Swim Club Annual Fees & Training Schedules click here
For Fees & Payment Options for our NEW Lifesaving Flex Swim Group click here