Time Standards are used to determine the level of the swimmer and the meets that they attend. KCS invitational meets and several other meets in the region, the province and beyond require that swimmers meet a certain time standard in order to attend, which is normally communicated on the meet information sheet provided in the event listing. Time standards are set for both a Short Course 25m pool (SCM) and a Long Course 50m pool (LCM) for provincial meet qualification and LCM only for national level meet qualification.
Swim BC Time Standards
2016-2017 SwimBC Time Standards
2016-2017 SwimBC Para-swimming (swimmers with disabilities)
Time Standards (same as the 2015-2016 season)
* see notes below about qualifications
2016-17 Swimming Canada Time Standards (LCM only)
** Article about Swimming Canada standards and qualification chgs
2012-2016 Para-swimming Can-Am Time Standards
Canadian InterUniversity Sport (CIS) Time Standards
2016-2017 Time Standards
Swimming World Time Conversion Tool Click here
** SwimBC standards notes: 2016-2017 Swim BC Time Standards were developed by a sub-committee of Swim BC’s Technical Advisory Committee (TAC), which was composed of four coaches who sit on TAC along with Swim BC’s Program Director and Performance Director.
In setting these standards, we sought to achieve three objectives:
- Achieve a closer balance in the sizes of AAA and AA Championships
- Create a more meaningful competition for those who attend either meet
- Help ensure that these meets can be run in an effective and efficient manner
To effect that change, the sub-committee arrived at the following to create the standards, as well as their implementation at AA and AAA Championships:
- Instead of utilizing the 24th place SCM age-group ranking to blend into past standards to set the AAA time, we integrated the 24th place LCM time. This resulted in the AAA times getting significantly faster
- In keeping with guidance from Swimming Canada, stroke 50’s will not be offered at either the AAA or AA Championships meets.
- Swimmers will be need to have 3 qualifying standards to compete at the AAA Championships and two qualifying standards for the AA Championships.
- Both SCM & LCM AAA Championship Meets will be 18 & Under.
- Para-swimming events will be offered at the Swim BC Open (LCM) in March, as well as Summer AAA Championships; the para swimming events will be an open age category (no upper age limit).