Description Currently Under Review: August 28, 2017
Competitive Group 2
The CG2 group is for motivated and committed swimmers, aged 12-15 as of October 1, 2016, who have chosen swimming as their primary activity. The principal of this group is to prepare swimmers for the demands of swimming in the Competitive Group 1. Swimmers in Competitive Group 2 will have achieved Man Sask AA times, or be trending towards AA times or, are committed and able to handle a full program of 7 swimming practices and 3 dryland fitness sessions. CG2 swimmers will compete in Club, Regional, Provincial and National swim meets. The priorities for this group are technical reliability, attendance, motivation and performance in both training and at meets. CG2 graduates are eligible for entry into the CG1 group (top group).
- Weekly Attendance Requirement: 7 weekly swimming practices include Thurs AM & 3 dryland sessions.
- Athletes who are involved with other sports must discuss with coach. We strongly encourage multi-sport athletes at this level.
- Equipment Required: Team Shirt, Team Cap, Fins, Snorkel, Skipping Rope, Hockey Puck, Water bottle, plus coach required equipment.
- Meet Attendance: Swimmers are expected to attend Club, Regional, Provincial and National Meets as directed by the Head Coach.
- Duration: Sept – end of July