Description Currently Under Review: August 28, 2017
Competitive Group 3
The CG3 group is for graduates of the Junior Sharks 1 hour program (or for swimmers with an equivalent level of
experience) age 12 and under as of October 1, 2016. The CG3 group swimmers are ready for more of a
challenge as they continue to learn the fundamentals of competitive swimming. CG3 swimmers are expected to
attend club and regional swim meets. The athletes take part in 4 weekly swimming practices with a dryland
component prior to each swim. The goal of the CG3 swimmer is to move into the CG 2 group depending on their
age, stroke, technical skills, motivation, attendance and performance.
- Weekly Attendance Requirement: 4 weekly dryland and swimming practices
- Equipment required: Team Shirt, Team Cap, Goggles, Water bottle, plus coach required equipment
- Meet Attendance: Swimmers should attend at least 1 Club and Regional meet per short course and long course season.
- Duration: Sept through July
- Prerequisites: Graduate of Junior Sharks program or coach assessment
- *Fees will be adjusted accordingly for this session