Newsletter 2012-13 Issue 18
Fri Feb 1 HP/Senior and Age Group Gold/Blue 4:00 – 5:00 pm CGAC
Fri Feb 1 Age Group Orange 5:00 – 6:00 pm CGAC
Mon Feb 4 NO HP 6-7:30am
Mon Feb 18 Development 3 6:00 – 7:00 pm CGAC
Wed Feb 20 No Development 3 Boys & Girls Club pool is not available
Sat Feb 23 Development 2 & 3 2:45 – 3:45 pm CGAC
This weekend signals the beginning of a very busy 5 weeks for LAC - we have swimmers competing on each of the next 5 weekends: Regional Championships this weekend in Brantford, followed by the SWA Invitational in Tillsonburg, then Eastern Canadians in Montreal, then the 13&Under Festival which we are hosting, and finally the Provincial Age Group Championships and the Newmarket Invitational the first weekend of March. The metaphor often used is that of baking a cake: the ingredients have all been added and mixed, the cake is in the oven, and now you are about to see how it turns out! It's an exciting time and it can be a "scary" time if you think about it too much. Trust your training, get your rest, eat and drink properly, and focus on what you can control...which is your own performance. "NO EXCUSES. NO COMPLAINTS."
GOOD LUCK to all LAC'ers over this competition cycle - you will do yourself and your teammates proud! Please be sure to check the "Upcoming Events" section of our main page for updates relating to the upcoming meets...especially those meets for which team travel is being arranged.
Belated congratulations to first time Regional qualifier BRENDEN NELMS.
WOSA REGIONAL SC CHAMPS
This meet takes place this weekend from Feb 1 - 3 in Brantford at the Wayne Gretzky Sports Centre. The psych sheets for this event are now available on the LAC website.
SWA WINTER INVITATIONAL
This meet takes place at the Tillsonburg Community Centre Complex (45 Hardy Ave) Feb 9 & 10. Only swimmers that confirmed their attendance have been entered in the meet.
PROVINCIAL AGE GROUP CHAMPIONSHIPS
The London Aquatic Club has booked a block of rooms at 2 different locations for your consideration for the upcoming Ontario Provincial Age Group Championships being held in Nepean.
Travelodge Ottawa Hotel
1376 Carling Ave, Ottawa, Ontario, K1Z 7L5
2 Queen Beds - $125.00 + tax
1 King Bed with pullout - $125.00 + tax
Complimentary Waterpark access
Breakfast is included and opens at 7am
Deadline booking date – January 28, 2013
Days Inn – Ottawa Airport
366 Hunt Club Road, Ottawa, Ontario, K1V 1C1
GROUP CODE: CGLAQC
2 Queen Beds – $129.95 + tax
Breakfast is included and opens at 5:30am
Deadline booking date – January 30, 2013
This meet takes place at the Magna Centre, 800 Mulock Dr, Newmarket on Mar 2 & 3. All LAC swimmers not attending Junior Provincials are invited to attend. TEAM TRAVEL will be offered for this event, and has been a tremendous success the past 2 years. A school bus will depart CGAC on Fri.Mar.1 at 5pm, and will return at 10pm on Sun.Mar.3. Approximate cost for transportation, hotel, and meals will be $250 per swimmer. Chaperones will be required - any parents interested in this position can contact Maria Smith. Please indicate when you confirm your attendance whether or not you will require team travel.
Just a few quick announcements this week:
1) If anyone is qualified and interested in working as a Senior Official (i.e. other than Timing and Strokes and Turns) at the Winter Festival please contact Glenn Greig now with your requests at email@example.com
2) There is a need for Strokes and Turns officials at WOSA in Brantford this weekend. If anyone is qualified and willing to help out they should contact John Vallee at firstname.lastname@example.org. Also WOSA requires that all participating teams provide 2 officials per session. Could anyone who is helping please let me know what sessions you will be working at WOSA Champs?
3) I am planning a Timer Clinic for Friday, February 15 from 5:30 to 7:30 P.M. at CGAC.
4) A Strokes and Turns Clinic will be held at CGAC on Thursday, February 21 from 5:30 to 8:00 P.M.
5) The Western Ontario Swimming Officials Association will be holding their Spring Clinic Day on March 23 at the St. Thomas Campus of Fanshawe College. If you prefer live clinics this is an excellent opportunity to hear from some experienced officials. Also, if you want to learn how to be Starter or Referee then you should plan to attend as these clinics are not available on-line. There is a session in the morning and another in the afternoon. Morning snacks and lunch are provided. There is no charge to attend.
A session credit will be given to anyone taking a clinic, for a new position, for the first time, on-line, at a club clinic, or at the regional clinic. Come out to any clinic for the first time, or for a refresher.
Mark Lukings L.A.C. Co-Club Officials Chair email@example.com
Feb 1-3 WOSA SC Champs Brantford Qualifiers Entry Deadline: Jan 17
Feb 8-10 SWA Invitational Tillsonburg non-regional Entry Deadline: Jan 24
Feb 23-24 Ontario Festival CGAC Qualifiers Entry Deadline: Feb 7
Feb 28-Mar 3 Provincial AG Champs Nepean Qualifiers Entry Deadline: Feb 14
Mar 2-3 Newmarket Invit. Newmarket non-prov. Entry Deadline: Feb 14
PLEASE ensure that you are checking the “EVENTS” section of the website – you will find all meet information here. You will be required to log in with your password to view this information.
The full LAC meet schedule is available on the website under the "SCHEDULES" section.
Information for the newsletter should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org by 10 am Monday.