The Markham Aquatic Club (MAC) has been promoting excellence in the sport of competitive swimming for over 40 years. Throughout these years MAC athletes have proudly represented our community at local, regional, provincial, national and international levels. MAC has come to be recognized and respected as a top club in the Canadian swimming community.
Markham is one of the fastest growing communities in Canada. Located immediately to the north of Toronto, Markham offers unprecedented access to world class services of all varieties, while still maintaining a small town feel.
The team consists of approximately 300 swimmers. Our club trains at three 25 metre facilities and one 10-lane 50 metre facility. The club has seven full-time and part-time coaches and several hourly coaches.
The Markham Aquatic Club is seeking qualified applicants for the position of Head Coach. The position starts September 2018.
The ideal candidate will possess demonstrated skills in the following areas:
- Ability to formulate a strong vision and plan for the club for the next 3-5 years.
- Ability to lead and manage a large coaching staff.
- Ability to mentor and develop junior coaches.
- Ability to work with an active board of directors.
- Ability to communicate effectively with swimmers, parents, and board members.
The candidate should possess the following qualifications:
- NCCP Level 3 or equivalent (or higher) achieved or significantly complete
- Five years coaching experience as a Head Coach, preferably in a large multi-venue organization
- Expert knowledge in all technical aspects of competitive swimming
- Demonstrated experience with club development and growth
- Familiarity with Team Unify
For more information about MAC visit www.markhamaquaticclub.com.
Interested applicants should submit resumes and cover letters via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. All applications will be held in confidence. Only applicants chosen for interviews will be contacted. Salary will be commensurate with experience. The closing date for applications is June 30, 2018.