Competitive - Development - Splashing Up - Splash
This program is for swimmers who have developed their skills and endurance and who are now ready to set competitive goals and work towards them.
age 10- University
September to June:
- 5 – 9 workouts weekly (depending on age and experience)
- Continued focus on stroke technique, competitive skills and endurance
- New skills include: goal setting, time management and personal development
- Regular participation in competitions within the GTA. More advanced athletes have the opportunity to compete inter-provincially and at national and international levels.
This program is the jumping off point into the exciting world of competitive swimming!
Age 8 and 9
September to June
- 4 practices weekly
- Focus on stroke development, competitive swimming skills and endurance
- Participation in monthly swim meets within the GTA
- Coaches are National Coaching Certification Program (NCCP) qualified.
For 7 year olds. One step up from the Splash program, this program swims 3 times per week for 45 minutes each. Within the 9 month program there is a choice between competitive or non-competitive.
This unique pre-competitive program provides basic swimming proficiency and a solid foundation of competitive swimming skills.
3 ten week sessions per year
- 2, 45 minute lessons weekly
- Low swimmer to coach ratio (generally at most 3:1)
- All coaches are current or past competitive swimmers with coaching workshops and lifesaving qualifications (minimum Bronze medallion)
- Fabulous Friday swim meet at the end of each session at which all participants earn ribbons
- pre-requisites are required: for 5 year olds crocodile in the red cross program, for 6 year olds Swim Kids 3, and for 7 year olds, Swim Kids 4.
- September Swim Camp is a pre-requisite for the Fall Splash session.