Your First Swim Meet
From 'Fabulous Fridays' (Our Splash Group meet) to our own hosted swim meets, here are a few things to help you understand competitive swim meets:
- Arrive on time for warm-up!
- Purchase a program - this will give you the event and heat your swimmer will be competing in.
- When volunteering, bring a pair shoes that can get wet... because they will!
- Bring your own healthy food and water - you're never sure what will be open or nearby.
- Bring extra 'equipment' including a spare bathing suit, goggles and swim cap just in case.
Volunteering At Your First Meet
- Show up a bit early to get your instructions, settle in, etc.
- Wear the appropriate officiating attire.
- Check in - usually this means finding the meet manager's desk and letting them know you have arrived.
- If you are working your way up the officiating ladder, don't forget to bring any cards to be signed.
Don't be afraid to ask another parent or official - they're usually eager to help!