- WORLD RECORD ATTEMPT
- + Red, Black & White Meet
- + Swim-A-Thon
- = NYAC FUNraiser!!!
What's a FUNraiser?
NYAC's annual Swim-A-Thon will be combined with NYAC's annual Red, Black & White Meet AND an attempt at breaking a world record to create NYAC's first FUNraiser! That's when team spirit meets fun while raising money for our awesome club PLUS a once in lifetime opportunity to BREAK A WORLD RECORD!
- Receive a 'NYAC World Record attempt' swim cap
- Bragging rights
- Show off your swimming skills (5000m continuous swim replaced with sanctioned races PLUS fun relays)
- Have fun and build team spirit
- Coaches and parents challenge
- Meet 2016 Olympian Michelle Toro
- Win awesome prizes
- Food & refreshements
- AND raise money for your swim club!
When is FUNraiser?
Sunday, May 6, 2018 at 7 to 11:00 am
Where is NYAC's FUNraiser?
TPASC - Toronto Pan Am Sports Centre (875 Morningside Ave., Toronto)
Who is Participating?
All NYAC competitive swimmers (intro to National), parents and coaches are invited to participate.
Our goal is to raise $35,000. We are asking ALL NYAC swimmers to sign up, register and FUNraise. We can do this!
NYAC's FUNraiser will be our largest fundraising event in 2018. Monies raised through this event will allow NYAC to continue to provide excellence in programming at state of the art facilities, insure a reasonable fee structure and allow for opportunities for learning for all members of the club.
RED, BLACK & WHITE Meet
- All NYAC swimmers will be auto-committed to participate in RED, BLACK & WHITE meet.
- Information regarding the meet will be posted on the NYAC website.
World Record Attempt
- A once in a lifetime opportunity to attempt to break a world record: Largest gathering of people wearing water wings.
- Attempt will be made prior to meet warm-up.
- Every NYAC member is invited to participate but the first 350 members who sign up on http://www.ontarioswimathon.ca/nyac. and FUNraise will receive water wings (each individual swimmer must sign up rather than as a family). All other participants must bring their own water wings but will still receive a 'NYAC World Record attempt" swim cap.
How to Register
STEP 1: Click http://www.ontarioswimathon.ca/nyac.
STEP 2: Click SWIMMER REGISTRATION to create a profile page including an awesome username and your fundraising goal (a Parent or Guardian must electronically sign the FAMILY AFFIDAVIT box).
STEP 3: Start fundraising NOW. Send family and friends a link to your page.
CHARITABLE RECEIPTS will NOT be issued for Swim-A-Thon 2018. This year Swimming Canada is unable to issue any receipts in any circumstance (https://swimming.ca/content/uploads/2015/07/memo-swimming-canada-suspension-oct.-25-2017.pdf )
Early Bird Top FUNraisers (most donations made by Friday, April 13)
- 1st - $150 Yorkdale Gift Certificate + NYAC Hoodie + $20 Cineplex Gift Card + ALL SESSIONS
- 2nd - $100 Best Buy Gift Card + NYAC Hoodie + $20 Cineplex Gift Card + 4 SESSIONS
- 3rd - $50 Indigo Gift Card + NYAC Hoodie + $20 Cineplex Gift Card + 1 SESSION
Overall Top FUNraisers (most donations made by Friday, May 4)
- 1st - $250 Yorkdale Gift Certificate + NYAC Hoodie + $20 Cineplex Gift Card + ALL SESSIONS
- 2nd - $200 Yorkdale Gift Certificate + NYAC Hoodie + $20 Cineplex Gift Card + 4 SESSIONS
- 3rd - $150 Best Buy Gift Card + NYAC Hoodie + 3 SESSIONS
- 4th - $100 Cineplex Gift Card + NYAC Hoodie + 2 SESSIONS
- 5th - $50 Indigo Gift Card + NYAC Hoodie + 1 SESSION
- 6-10th - NYAC Hoodie
Weekly Prize for Top FUNraiser
- Weekly draw for top fundraiser each week leading up to NYAC FUNraiser on Sunday, May 6.
- Win $20 Cineplex Gift Card.
- Winners to be announced Fridays on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook and "What's Happening".
Top FUNraising Group
Top FUNraiser in Each Group (with exception of National, ND3, ND2, ND1)
*SESSIONS Defined - a NYAC member's meet officiating commitment during NYAC hosted meets for 2018/2019 season (There is no monetary value for a session). Examples: 1. The Top Overall Fundraiser winning "ALL SESSIONS" for the 2018/19 swim season would NOT have to fulfill any of their meet officiating commitments during NYAC hosted swim meets for the 2018/19 season. 2. The 3rd Early Bird Top Fundraiser would NOT have to fulfill ONE of their meet officiating commitments during the NYAC hosted swim meets for the 2018/19 season.
GO NYAC GO!!!