Our group of Mighty Sharks' are introduced to the 'FUN'damentals stage of Competitive Swimming through Swim Canada's Long Term Athlete Development Strategy (LTAD).
The following skills are introduced through water games, various exercises & metaphors:
- Basic techniques of the 4 competitive strokes
- Proper kicking
- Dives & Turns
- Development of ABC's Agility; Balance; Coordination
- FAST FUN - Anaerobic Speed of 8 seconds or less
- Flexibility in & out of the water
- Spatial Awareness
In addition to the basic water skills, our swimmers learn Positive Group Dynamics through team building exercises; initiating pool rules & by executing proper lane etiquette.
Through regular participation twice a week, Shark swimmers build confidence & positive self esteem by means of encouragement & independence through routines such as:
- Being on time for practices
- Packing their own swim bag's (bathing suit, cap, goggles, towel & equipment)
- Stretching before & after practices
- Trusting themselves & their team mates
To join our Mighty Sharks Team, new swimmers are required to:
- Go through a water assessment consisting of sculling, kicking & treading water unassisted for 25 meters.
- Attend two 1 hour practices per week during our swim season.
Mighty Sharks Schedule
· Tuesday and Friday 4 to 4:45pm
· Wednesday and Friday 4 to 4:45pm
The goal of our Mighty Sharks program is to make the Sport of Swimming FUN so your youngster will enjoy swimming throughout their lifetime.