Our group of JRA swimmers are building on the Learn to Train stage of Competitive Swimming through Swim Canada's Long Term Athlete Development Strategy (LTAD).
The skills gained from our JRB program will now be further developed in the course.
In addition to refining:
- ABC's Agility; Balance; Coordination
- Anaerobic Speed of 8 seconds or less
- Flexibility in & out of the water
- Spatial Awareness
A strong focus will be placed on the following:
- Dives, Turns & IM Transitions
- 4 Competitive Strokes
- Proper kicking
- Aerobic Endurance
- Tactics & Decision Making
- Aerobic Power
- Strength Endurance
- Mental Preparation
- Racing Strategies
Each practice will be approximately 2500 to 3000 meters and consist of high repetition & low intensity skill focus followed by some intensity progression to challenge skill acquisition.
For proper placement on our JRA Team, new swimmers are required to:
- Go through an assessment of 400 meters consisting of the 4 Competitive Strokes.
- Attend four 1.5 hour practices per week during our swim season.
Our focus for Junior A will be Racing Strategies & Mental Preparation... Fun & Team Spirit.
The Junior A group reflects the “Learn to Train” stage of Swimming Canada’s LTAD plan.
Junior A Schedule
Please click HERE
Our focus will always be geared towards building confidence & positive self esteem!