Pre-Competitive Swim Program
This program is designed for keen aqua kids who intend to progress to our Competitive stream by learning speed swimming skills, strokes, starts and finishes. By skill development in practices and timed events at fun swim meets, these levels promote development through learning and experience in organized competitions. All practices are conducted at either the Jewish Community Centre or Brewer Centennial pools.
The program is divided into three groups corresponding to the age/capability of the swimmer.
Swimmers must be at least 7 years old (max 8 years old) and have a swimming capability corresponding to a Swimmer 4 level. Must be able to do 25 meters (one length) of "recognizable" front crawl (arms recovering over the water, side breathing with little to no hesitation), and 25 meters of backstroke. Objective is to progress them to a Guppies level with efficient breathing and an introduction to breast stroke with whip kick.
Swimmers must be at least 7 years old and have a swimming capability corresponding to a minimum Swimmer 5. Must be able to do 50 meters (two lengths) of recognizable front crawl with continuous arms and breathing (arms recovering over the water, side breathing with no hesitation), 25 meters of backstroke, dolphin kick, and breast stroke with whip kick.
Swimmers must have a swimming capability corresponding minimum Swimmer 7) and be between 8-11 years of age. Must be able to do 150 meters (6 lengths) continuous using a mixture of front crawl, backstroke, butterfly (development) and breast stroke (ankles outwards on the extension) AND swim 50 meters freestyle in 75 seconds or faster.
The swimming year is divided into three sessions.
- Session # 1: October 14th-December 16th, 2017, Skills Challenge December on 2nd
- Session # 2: January 8th-March 8th, 2018, Skills Challenge on Febrary 24th 2018
- Session # 3: March 19th-May 26th 2018, Skills Challenge on May 5th, 2018
The typical practice schedules for the different groups are as follows.
You can register for one of the two sessions offered one time per week:
- Mon 4:00-4:45 pm @ JCC
- Sat 3:30-4:15 pm @ Brewer Centennial Pool
You can register for one of the three sessions offered twice per week:
- Tues 4:00-4:45 pm @ JCC and Sunday 8:05-9:00 am @ JCC,
- Wed 4:00-4:45 pm @ JCC and Sunday 8:05-9:00 am @ JCC, OR
- Thurs 4:00-4:45 pm @ JCC and Sunday 8:05-9:00 am @ JCC
JCC front door opens Sundays at 8:00 am.
*No practice substitutions allowed.
You can register for one of the two sessions offered three times per week:
- Tues and Thu 4:45-6:00 pm @ JCC & Sat 4:15-5:30 pm @ Brewer, OR
- Mon and Wed 4:45-6:00 pm @ JCC & Sat 4:15-5:30 pm @ Brewer
*No practice substitutions allowed.
- $182 for 2017-2018 per session
- $253 for 2017-2018 per session
- $336 for 2017-2018 per session
All swimming is done at either
- May register early to secure their spot in the next session. Those that do not return for the successive session will not be eligible for early registration and will be on the waiting list with other new members.
- Must complete a new swimmer evaluation before they can proceed with registration and payment. Refer to the website for evaluation dates offered before each session OR email us at email@example.com to schedule a date/time.
Included: Swim Ontario Developmental (pre-competitive) registration allowing participation in local fun meets and the sessional Precomp Fun Meets (prizes for each participant!).
Returning members and new members that have successfully completed an evaluation will be sent an online registration link. For information, you can email firstname.lastname@example.org
PROPER SWIMSUIT REQUIRED made of light material (polyester or nylon) must be worn.
- Female: A one-piece suit (No bikini style)
- Male: Jammer style (no beach shorts with pockets)
AquaSport is located on Iris Road by Ikea
This will be monitored by the coaches and the coordinator.
It is our club policy to have a member at one level for no more than two years. Within the two years, the swimmer will be expected to move up (including competitive streams) within the club or it will be up to the family to join another swim program.