Competitive Swim Program
To succeed in competitive swimming it is important that swimmers practice regularly. Therefore, Swim Ottawa has regularly scheduled practices each day of the week. The practice schedule for all swim club members will start towards the third week of September and end the third weekend of June. For those qualifying for Provincial and National meets, the season may continue into July.
Practice is held Monday through Sunday at various days/times as determined by level. Please note that there are several cancellations and makeup practices.
- Senior 1 (Grade 10+ or approval by coach). 7-8 team scheduled practices a week.
- Senior 2 (Grade 8-9 or approval by coach). 6-7 practices a week.
- Junior 1 & Junior 2 (Grade 6-8 or approval by coach). 5-6 practices a week.
- Junior 3 (Grade 5-6 or approval by coach). 4 practices a week.
- Development (up to Grade 4, new to Comp level, or approval by coach). 3 practices a week.