Swimmers are encouraged to attend as many practices as possible because with regular practice skills and conditioning are improved. Practice truly does make better swimmers. Now through the season there 2 different times for practices.
- Mid-May to mid-August (one extra week if the swimmer makes Provincial Competition)
- Monday through Friday with the exception of holidays
- 5 - 6 pm swimmers are generally younger to approximately 12 years of age
- 6 - 7 pm swimmers are generally older
These two groups will be divided with consideration of age and time trials.
- After July long weekend through to the Regional Competition, generally from 7:45 am - 8:45 am three days a week.
- This is open to second hour swimmers and limited others after
consultation with coaches.
What To Bring
- Swim Suit
- Goggles/swim cap
- Water bottle
Training in an outdoor pool means that we are subject to weather conditions. Generally, we swim (rain or shine (yes - including snow and cooler temperatures!). The only exception is in the event of thunder and lightning. At the first sighting of lightning or sound of thunder by a lifeguard on deck, the pool is cleared and cannot be reentered until 20 minutes has passed since the last sighting of lightning/sound of thunder. Practice will resume 20 minutes after the last sighting of lightning. See the Town of Stony Plain's Thunder and Lightening Policy.