2018 / 2019 PRE-COMPETITIVE PROGRAM INFORMATION
Our Pre-Competitive program looks to provide an enjoyable, challenging and progressive experience for any athlete interested in the sport of competitive swimming or the fitness benefits that our sport can provide.
This group focuses on the swimming basics in a fun and encouraging atmosphere. This first experience with competitive swimming will emphasize learning proper technique in freestyle and backstroke with the introduction of breaststroke. Swimmers will also work on improving endurance. Group members are allowed one competitive option throughout the season at any regionally sanctioned event. Please note that athletes will be entered as exhibition for the meet they have chosen
Cap, Goggles, Appropriate Bathing Suit
2 Water session per week OR 1 Water session per week
The Sparks group is an introduction to swimming program for children 5 to 7 years old. Athletes in this group will be introduced to the basic elements of competitive swimming with a focus on teaching the four competitive strokes in an encouraging environment geared towards fun.
Bathing Suit, Cap, Goggles
2 Sessions Per Week OR 1 Session Per Week (Depending on chosen schedule)
2018 / 2019 GROUP SCHEDULES / DATES
OCTOBER 1- DECEMBER 7, 2018
- MINI MEET: FRIDAY DEC. 7
- NO CLASSES: MON. OCT. 8th, 2018 - Thanksgiving OR WED. OCT. 31- Halloween.
- MAKE UP DAY DEC. 10 for Thanksgiving & WED DEC. 12 for Halloween.
SESSION 2: JANUARY 7- MARCH 22, 2019
- MINI MEET: FRIDAY MARCH 22
- NO CLASSES: MON. FEB. 18th, 2019 - Family Day & NO CLASSES OVER MARCH BREAK (MARCH 11-15)
- MAKE UP DAY: MONDAY MARCH 25 for Family Day
SESSION 3: APRIL 1- FRIDAY JUNE 7
- MINI MEET: FRIDAY JUNE 7
- NO CLASSES: FRIDAY APRIL 19- Good Friday & MONDAY MAY 20- Victoria Day
- MAKE UP DAYS: FRIDAY JUNE 14 for Good Friday & MONDAY JUNE 10 for Victoria Day
Friday Dec. 7, 2018 - WINTER CARNIVAL MEET
Friday Mar. 22, 2019 - SPRING INTO SPRING MEET
Friday June 7, 2019 - YEAR END FESTIVAL MEET
**DUE TO HIGH DEMAND ADDITIONAL CLASSES MAY BE ADDED**
**CLASSES MAY BE CANCELED DUE TO LESS THAN 50% REGISTRATION**
ATHLETE TO COACH RATIO IS 7:1
2 X 60min classes per week:
Monday/ Wednesday: 5:00-6:00 PM
Monday/ Wednesday: 6:00-7:00 PM
Tuesday/ Thursday: 5:00-6:00 PM
Tuesday/ Thursday: 6:00-7:00 PM
1 X 60min classes per week:
Monday: 5:00-6:00 PM / 6:00-7:00 PM
Tuesday: 5:00-6:00 PM / 6:00-7:00 PM
Wednesday: 5:00-6:00 PM / 6:00-7:00 PM
Thursday: 5:00-6:00 PM / 6:00-7:00 PM
ATHLETE TO COACH RATIO IS 4:1
2 X 45min Class Per Week:
Monday/ Wednesday 5:30-6:15 PM
Monday/ Wednesday 6:15-7:00 PM
Tuesday/ Thursday 5:30- 6:15 PM
Tuesday/ Thursday 6:15- 7:00 PM
1 x 45min Class per week:
Monday 4:45-5:30 PM
Tuesday 4:45-5:30 PM
Wednesday 4:45-5:30 PM
Thursday 4:45-5:30 PM
Friday: 4:45-5:30 PM
Friday: 5:30-6:15 PM
Friday: 6:15-7:00 PM
** THUNDERBOLTS CLASSES FILL UP QUICKLY. WE STRONGLY RECOMMEND THAT YOU TO REGISTER EARLY TO ENSURE CLASS PREFERENCE. **
CONTACT BARB AT email@example.com .**
** FOR 2018/2019 SEASON **
Due to high demand from Membership, the Thunderbolts offer the opportunity for any registered Thunderbolt athlete to compete in ANY Thunderbolts hosted Competition and/or ANY Regionally based Competition. Athletes will need to be registered as a COMPETITIVE athlete in order for them to compete in sanctioned events.
ANY Pre-competitive athlete wanting to register for COMPETITIVE events while in the pre-competitive stream, will be subject to an increase in the Swim Ontario fee to $85.00 for 1 year only.
PRE-COMPETITIVE ATTENDANCE EXPECTATIONS:
How often a swimmer attends practice depends on age and the training group. These guidelines are set to promote optimal progress for each individual. Too much or too little practice time will limit results.
1. Always be present at the pool at least 15 minutes before the scheduled start of practice in order to start on time and use the allotted time.
2. Plan to stay the entire practice. The last part of practice is very often the most important and reminders and announcements are made at this time.
3. All equipment should be brought to the deck for each practice. See the equipment information for each group.