INNISFAIL HURRICANES WATER POLO CLUB
Join the Innisfail Hurricanes Water Polo Club to gain an edge in swimming, learn a new water sport and to have FUN! Water polo is a fun, fast, competitive, swimming intensive sport that can keep you strong "to the core" and in the water all winter long!
The Innisfail Hurricanes Water Polo Club is now registering athletes for the 2023/2024 season which runs from September 18 until the end of March. The team is for male or female swimmers aged 6 to 17. Practices are Monday and Wednesday evenings at the Innisfail Aquatic Centre. Practices will consist of swimming drills, dry land strengthening exercises, water polo skill drills and scrimmages. The athletes may have the opportunity to play competitively with age appropriate teams in Calgary and Edmonton throughout the season. Additional costs may apply.
Here's how to get registered for the upcoming season:
Step 1 - RAMP registration; Click here to register for any of the programs listed above: http://InnisfailHurricanes.rampregistrations.com
Step 2: Login using your existing RAMP details. If you haven't registered with RAMP before, Create a RAMP account.
Step 3: Click on available participant packages and register for your selected package.
- Try-It Program - can attend up to 4 practices over a two week period to see if they like the sport before committing. The cost is $25 payable to the Innisfail Hurricanes Water Polo Club prior to the first practice your athlete plans ot attend.
- Rural Athlete - season runs from mid-September until the end of March. Practices held Monday and Wednesday from 5-6pm (ages 6-11) and 6-7pm (ages 12+). Cost is $441 for the season, we also have monthly payment options.
Step 4: Pay your Water Polo Canada and Alberta Water Polo Association membership/registration fees via RAMP registration. These fees must be paid for both try it and rural athletes.
- With RAMP registration, there will be a charge from Water Polo Canada ($11.79) and Alberta Water Polo Association ($11.50) to cover insurance. This can be paid through RAMP via credit card.
Step 5: Bring to your athlete's first practice: (If only participating in the Try It Program, this can be brought to the first practice once you decide to register).
- $200 volunteer bond cheque
- If paying by e-transfer, please email your full season fees to: [email protected]
- If paying by cheque, you mya pay for the ful season with one cheque, OR, please bring 7 cheques (dated Sept.19; Oct.1; Nov.1; Dec.1; Jan.1; Feb.1; Mar.1).
- Please make cheques payable to: Innisfail Hurricanes Water Polo Club
- If paying by cash, please pay directly to the Treasurer/President.
Step 6: Complete the Respect in Sport for Parents online certification course.
Registration is open year round! New members are always welcome!
For more information about our program or if you have any difficulty please email us at: [email protected]