REGISTRATION FOR FALL 2019:
OPEN AUGUST 2ND!!
2019-2020 Trent Torpedoes Swim School
Swim School Coordinator: Kent Crockower email@example.com
The Trent Torpedoes swim school strives to teach proper stroke skills and to increase fitness and endurance for young swimmers. The Swim School is divided into two tiers: Bronze and Silver. Lessons take place at Trent University and the Balsillie Family YMCA. All lessons focus on in-water training with a qualified instructor.
Bronze (45 minutes, once per week): Focus is on the foundations of basic Freestyle and Backstroke including confidence and comfort in the water, breathing efficiency, body position and kick technique, with an introduction to Breaststroke. Prerequisites: Minimum 6 years of age. Swim Kids Level 6 or equivalent swim lesson experience. Ability to swim 25 meters unassisted with general confidence and comfort in the water. Swimmers should be admitted into Bronze after an assessment with the Swim School Coordinator.
Silver (45 minutes, twice per week): Freestyle and Backstroke technique is advanced and refined, while Breaststroke is further developed, and Butterfly is introduced. Other aspects of competitive swimming such as starts and turns are also taught. Prerequisites: swimmers are recommended to have completed Bronze classes and been graduated into the Silver program. Swimmers can be admitted into Silver after a swim assessment by the Swim School Coordinator
We encourage you to register your child based on the prerequisites indicated above with the understanding that the Trent Torpedo Coaching staff may suggest changes based on the new swimmer assessments.
New swimmers Assessments
Assessments will require approximately 5-10 minutes in water evaluation. Join us on September 6 or 7 between 4:00-6:00pm! It can also be arranged by contacting the Swim School Coordinator (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Swim School Session Dates (10 weeks each)
Fall Session: September 23 to November 30, 2019
Winter Session: January 6 - March 14, 2020
Spring Session: March 30 - June 6, 2020
**There is currently no Summer Session for Swim School**
Bronze (choose one) Silver (choose two)
Monday 4:15-5:00pm YMCA Monday 5:00-5:45pm YMCA
Wednesday 4:15-5:00pm TRENT U Wednesday 5:00-5:45pm TRENT U
Thursday 4:15-5:00pm YMCA Thursday 5:00-5:45pm YMCA
Friday 4:15-5:00pm YMCA Friday 5:00-5:45pm YMCA
Saturday 3:00-3:45pm TRENT U Saturday 3:00-3:45pm TRENT U
$60.00 Yearly one time charge for Swim Ontario and Swimming Canada affiliation (required for all non-competitive swimmers)
$150.00 Bronze sessional fee
$300.00 Silver sessional fee
Cancellations and/or changes
• The Trent Torpedoes Swim School reserves the right to make changes to the schedule in order to accommodate the number of swimmers at each level. Notice will be given the first week of classes.
• If necessary, a full refund may be offered if registration is canceled within the first week of the session.
• Cancellations between the 2nd and 6th weeks will be credited on a prorated basis.
• Cancellations in the 7th week or later are non-refundable.
• Make-up classes due to absence may be granted at the discretion of the Swim School Coordinator.
• On occasion, a Silver swimmer may be re-assessed and recommended to complete an additional Bronze session (partial or full) in order to refine additional foundational technique and skills. In this case, fees will be adjusted accordingly.
• Swimmers in bronze or silver that moves up to the competitive group will have to pay an additional $115 for Swim Ontario and Swim Canada affiliation fees.
**Affiliations fees are non-reimbursable after the first week of the session.