Overview: This program features our step-up from entry level groups. Our main focus in this level is to introduce the swimmer to the four competitive strokes as well as the various rules on how to swim each stroke properly. Participants also start to learn dives and turns for each of the strokes. Grassroots 2 is for swimmers capable of completing multiple lengths (may be confirmed through a swim assessment for new swimmers to the program). Our objective for the swimmers in these groups is ensure they learn about the swimming basics.
- Above swim kids 5
- Ages 6-12 years
**Please note that the pre-requisites are for reference only; swimmers may be put into an appropriate group following their swim assessment per coach decision.
Swimmers’ Commitment and Goals:
- Attend all practices (2x45min swim sessions per week, either Mon/Wed or Tues/Thurs, 530p-615p). Follow all covid safety protocols.
- Attend as many of the mini-meets and social events as possible (when resumed after covid suspension).
- Have Fun!
- Arrange to have your swimmer attend all practices and as many of the other offered camps and events as possible.
- Contact your coach to let them know if your swimmer may miss a practice or event. See coach email links at the top of the website home page.
- Stay informed by reading and responding to: emails, website events and news, bulletin board, and as always talking with your child’s coach (outside of practice time).
- Parent Participation. Assist with volunteering at mini-meets (setup, takedown, timing).
Grassroots Team Gear and Equipment Requirements:
Athletic practice suit (one piece girls, jammers or briefs boys - no board shorts), a pair of goggles that fit properly (and a spare), VKSC team cap, VKSC team t-shirt (optional).
Click HERE for the Grassroots training schedule and fees, Session 1 fall 2021
Click HERE for the Grassroots training schedule and fees, Session 2 winter 2022
Click HERE for the Grassroots training schedule and fees, Session 3 spring 2022
Click HERE for a more in-depth look at Grassroots! Please note there is only Grassroots 1 and 2 currently.