Overview: Tier 4 is for swimmers with a bit more technical experience and maturity/ drive to swim four-five times a week, one hour per session, and to participate in swim meets. The concept of training is advanced upon the learnings taught at the Tier 6 level and our objective for this group is to continue the FUN aspect in practice sessions introduced at the T6/Grassroots level while advancing the swimmer's stroke technique, speed, and overall fitness. We also introduce a dry-land component to encourage fitness outside of the water and promote flexibility.
These swimmers attend jamboree meets until such time that they have qualified for invitational meets with a sub 4min 200 im result. See meet schedule tab above for meet & jamboree dates.
- Aqua-quest 7 to 12
- Swim-kids 7-10
- Completion of Tier 6, prior swim club experience or coaches assessment
- Age 8-12 years.
** Please note that the Pre-requisites are for reference only; swimmers will be put into the appropriate group following their assessment and coach discretion.
Swimmers’ Commitment and Goals:
- Attend all practices.
- Attend as many of the Jamboree meets and social events as possible. There is usually 1 meet every 4-5 weeks (not during pandemic currently).
- Have Fun!
- Aim for an under 4:00 min, 200 IM time standard.
- Arrange to have your swimmer attend all practices and as many of the other events as possible.
- Contact your coach by email to let them know if your swimmer may miss a practice or event.
- Stay informed by reading and responding to: website, bulletin board, coach emails.
- Parent Participation. Assist with volunteering/officiating at meets and further your Officials qualifications per the club volunteer policy. Get involved with other events through the year.
Team Gear and Equipment Requirements:
Tier 3 and Tier 4 - 2 pairs goggles, 2 VKSC team caps, VKSC team racing suit, snorkel, small kick board, fins, mesh bag, pull buoy (Tier 3 only), VKSC team t-shirt, water bottle (very important)
Swim schedule and fees are posted under the Resources tab on the website homepage.