Tier 6 (groups Mon/Wed/Sat or Tues/Thurs/Sat for 2021-2022 season)
Overview: Here swimmers are able to swim three of the four competitive swim strokes well enough for short distances. Our main focus in this level is improving the athlete's ability to swim the four competitive strokes as well as advance their fitness levels. These swimmers also continue to refine their starts and turns for each of the four strokes.
Our objective for the swimmers in this group is to continue to have FUN while advancing the technique, swimming speed, and overall fitness.
These swimmers are registered non-competitive with Swim BC/SNC and attend jamboree meets until such time that they have qualified for invitational meets with a sub 4min 200IM result (competitive registration upgrade and fees to be assessed at that time). See meet schedule tab for jamboree dates.
- Aqua-quest 7 to 9, Swim-kids 7 to 8
- Completion of Grassroots 1,2
- Ages 7-12 years
** Please note that the Pre-requisites are for reference only; swimmers will be put into the appropriate group following their swim assessment and at coach discretion.
Swimmers’ Commitment and Goals:
- Attend all practices (600-700pm, Mon/Wed or Tues/Thurs and 815-10am Saturdays).
- Attend as many of the jamboree swim meets and social events as possible.
- Have Fun!
- Aim for swimming 100 IM without stopping.
- Arrange to have your swimmer attend all practices and as many of the other offered camps and events as possible.
- Contact your coach to let them know if your swimmer may miss a practice or event. Coach email links are at the top of the homepage.
- Stay informed by reading and responding to: emails, website, bulletin board, and as always talking with your child’s coach.
- Parent Participation. Assist with volunteering/officiating at meets and further your Officials qualifications per the club volunteer policy. Get involved with other events through the year.
Team Gear and Equipment Requirements:
Tier 6 - A pair (and a spare) of goggles that fit properly, 2 VKSC team caps, VKSC tshirt (optional)
Swim schedule and fees are posted under the Resources tab on the website homepage.