Windsor Aquatic Club
Parent and Swimmer Code of Conduct - Updated June 2017
Parent Code of Conduct
- Demonstrate good sportsmanship by conducting myself in a manner that earns the respect of my child, other swimmers, parents, officials and the coaches at meets and practices. This includes making sure that my child/swimmer is punctual at events.
- To be respectful of others, their property, the aquatic facilities and accommodations.
- To make sure my child/swimmer is aware of and abides by the Swimmer’s Code of Conduct.
- As a club member, represent the Windsor Aquatic Club by supporting the swimmers, coaches and other parents with positive communication and actions.
- During competitions, questions or concerns regarding decisions made by coaches or meet officials are made to the coaching staff after the session is complete and not during.
- As a parent, I will not interrupt or confront the coaching staff on the pool deck during practice or meets. I will not coach or instruct the team or any swimmer at a practice or meets (from the stands or any other area) or interfere with coaches on the pool deck.
- To use only respectful and non-threatening language (including gestures) in all communications.
- To obtain consent from the Head Coach prior to enrolling my child/swimmer in any additional competitive swim training during the Windsor Aquatic Club season.
- To pay my child/swimmer registration and meet fees by the recommended due dates.
- To ensure that my mandatory Family Participation Requirement obligations are met.
- To be careful not to violate the Criminal Cole, the Human Rights Act and the Swim/Natation Canada harassment policy.
- Maintain self-control at all times. Know my role:
Swimmers Swim / Coaches Coach / Officials Officiate / Parents Parent
As a parent of a swimmer and, thereby, a member of the Windsor Aquatic Club, I understand that a breach in the Code of Conduct can result in disciplinary measures considered appropriate by the Board of Directors and may include suspensions or expulsion from the club. I have read the above Code of Conduct and agree to abide by these policies.
Swimmer Code of Conduct
The goals of the Windsor Aquatic Club are to develop a strong team and community spirit founded upon teamwork and good sportsmanship. Our Club must strive to project an image that will make all of its members proud of the team and of the sport of swimming, and to represent our community responsibly when at home or traveling.
- Swimmers are expected to conduct themselves in a dignified manner that shows respect for fellow swimmers, coaches, lifeguards, all officials and facilities, and everyone’s personal property.
- Swimmers are expected to attend work-outs scheduled by the coach and to be on time. If they know in advance that they will be missing a practice session, or will be late, they must inform the coach.
- Swimmers are expected to refrain from acting in a way that could result in injuries (no horseplay).
- Bullying in any form will not be tolerated.
- Swimmers are expected to help create a supportive atmosphere in both training and competitive settings. Treat all athletes as you would like to be treated.
- Swimmers are expected to refrain from using profane or disrespectful language.
- Swimmers are expected to refrain from the use of banned substances, alcohol, and illegal drugs.
- Swimmers are expected to have permission from the coach to leave the deck during practice or meets. (For safety reasons, the coach must know where swimmers are at all times.)
- Swimmers must represent the Windsor Aquatic Club in a positive manner at all times.
- Be a good sport. Cheer your teammate’s performances and treat other athletes, parents, officials and coaches with courtesy and respect at all times.
This Code of Conduct is in effect during all WAC activities. Breach of the code can result in, but is not limited to, suspension from practice, suspension from competition, formal verbal or written apologies and any other form of disciplinary measure considered appropriate by the club.
Click here for printer friendly version.