The Blue Fins Swim Club has up to 3 annual scholarships for Graduating Swimmers attending post secondary school.
Applications for the scholarships must be submitted prior to May 31 of each year. A brief letter that outlines your contributions to the club and achievements during your swim club years (both swimming and other achievements). Proof of enrollment (at a later date) must be presented to receive the scholarship funds.
Scholarships will be based on the following criteria -
- Scholarships in total of - $1000 to be divided up by the Head Coach with board approval
- Maximum allotted scholarship for each person will not exceed $500
- Member of the club in good standing for a minimum of 3 years.
- Competition level achieved - Sr. Nationals (priority), Westerns (secondary), AAA (consideration),
- Continuing on swimming at the post secondary level
- Level of participation in the club including volunteering, coaching, and swimming.
Commitment to the club in terms leadership to other members, attendance at events and positive influence to the membership.