Athlete Code of Conduct WILLIAMS LAKE BLUE FINS SWIM CLUB
· Always gives as much effort at practices and competitions as they can -even if they are not feeling their best
· Does not complain, is patient with their coach and teammates
· Listens to their coach in a respectful manner, understands the coach is trying to make them better
· Accepts feedback from the coach and tries to apply what the coach has said to their performance
· Communicates their thoughts and feelings to the coach in a respectful way
· Recognizes that hard practices and challenges are set in place to help achieve their goals at the end of the season
· Has a positive attitude—avoids saying “I can’t” but instead says to themselves “I will try, and try harder”
· Understands that a mix of fun and hard work is essential to success and enjoyment of the sport
· Supports their teammates and encourages them to do their best
· Listens to coaches and lifeguards
· Competes fairly, following all rules and guidelines
· Loves the sport they are in and speaks highly of it
· Acts in a respectful way towards coaches and other swimmers
· Is a positive role model against body harming substances like drugs and alcohol
· Surrounds themselves with positive people who support their healthy habits
· Contributes to a positive and fun environment!
· Arrive at the pool on time for dryland and does it well
· Brings a WATERBOTTLE!
· Comes to practice with a positive attitude ready to give 100% effort.
· Tries to park bad days and bad experiences at the door when they come in.
· Encourages teammates.
· Tries to finish properly to the wall on every length.
· Does proper turns at every wall every chance they can
· Be willing to develop all FOUR strokes.
· Does dolphin kicks better than the day before at every workout.
· Communicate missed practices with the coach prior to the occurrence – email
· Speaks to the coach prior to the start of practice.
· Listens to the coach when they are speaking.
· Participates in the set up/take down of the pool – flags, lane ropes, kick boards, fins, etc.
· Respect your coach, your teammates, and yourself.
· Arrive at the pool deck on time for your scheduled dryland warm up time.
· Wears team gear and shows team spirit by cheering on your teammates.
· Talks to your coach before and after all races.
· Takes care of your body to maximize your performance.
· Dress appropriately for the weather—sweatshirt, sweatpants, jackets if cold
· Fuel your body with healthy food.
· Shows up and tries to swim all your races even if they don’t feel great.
· Tries new races and challenges themselves to get better even on events they don’t like.
· Conducts yourselves in a sportsmanlike manner at all times.
· Does not put down your competitors or teammates
· Maintains composure after BOTH good and bad races