All of our coaches are trained and certified in CPR, First Aid and have fulfilled Coaches Safety Training as mandated by USA Swimming. However, everyone around the pool including swimmers have a shared responsibility for safety. Swimmer as well as Parent responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Swimmers must obey the rules of the pool facilities. These include no running on the pool deck and no diving in the shallow end of the pool.
- Swimmers must not enter the pool until their coach gives them permission to do so.
- No horseplay or roughhousing is allowed in the pool, on the pool deck or in the locker rooms.
- For safety reasons, swimmers ages 12 and under should be dropped off and picked-up on the pool deck. Parents or guardians should plan to walk their swimmers to and from the car to the pool deck. The Paseo Aquatics Swim Team is not responsible for swimmers before they arrive at and after they have exited the pool deck venue.
- Swimmers ages 12 and under should not be left unsupervised on the pool deck or left waiting alone at the curb at any time.
- All swimmers should be picked up no later than 15 minutes after the ending time of practice.
- Swimmers should follow the directions of their coach and/or designated Meet Marshals or officials at swim meets. Unless in a designated take-off lane, swimmers must enter the warm-up pool using a 3 point entry.
- If you see someone doing something unsafe or an unsafe situation, please notify a coach immediately.
- The use of phone cameras or other digital cameras in the locker rooms or other changing areas is not allowed.
- Please do not bring portable heating devices onto the pool deck at anytime or to a swim meet.
The following is common sense information regarding swimmer belongings and valuables.
- Swimmers should not leave valuables in the locker rooms. The Paseo Aquatics Swim Team will not be responsible for lost or stolen items.
- During the rainy season, swimmers should leave their belongings in a protected area.
- Swimmers should put their name on all clothing and equipment.
- Swimmers should not bring valuables to meets where they may be unattended. The meet host is not responsible for lost or stolen items.