SWIM Long Beach Masters
- Mornings - Monday, Wednesday, Friday - 5:30 AM to 6:45 AM
New swimmers that are registered with Masters swimming may come to 3 workouts for free before you register.
Fees (choose from one of the 4):
- Monthly fee - $66 - unlimited practices
- Annual fee - $720 - unlimited practices
- 3 swims for $30
- 10 swims for $80
Click here to register
- Belmont Plaza Outdoor Pool (4320 E Olympic Plaza Long Beach, CA 90803)
- Seasonal open water swimming for experienced swimmers - Alamitos Bay and Seal Beach Pier
Swim With Us!
We currently train at the Belmont Plaza Outdoor Pool which is a brand-new 50 meter x 25 meter pool with a moveable bulkhead. The moveable bulkhead will allow for either a 25 yard or 50 meter workout. This pool will be at our service a good, long time. It will be around at least until construction is complete on the new large build-out project in which two (2) new 50 meter pools are scheduled to be built in the footprint of the existing Belmont Plaza pool and park area.
Open Water Swimming – Mid-May through Mid-October
In addition to our time in the pool, we swim in Alamitos Bay, Naples Islands, the Seal Beach Pier-to-Jetty, organized open water swims, run-swim-runs, and open-water swim clinics.
In summer, our strongest ocean swimmers swim really cool events:
- 2nd Saturday in June: Huntington Beach Pier Swim
- Thursday 5:30 AM, Sea Monkeys: Seal Beach Pier to the south jetty & back
- July 4th: Run-Swim-Run around the whole Naples/Bayshore area
- Mid-August: Michelle Daschbaugh Fast Memorial Swim, Sunset to Seal
- Late August, Beers-N-Piers: Swim around 4 piers using Big Red Bus
- 2nd or 3rd Sunday in September: Laguna Aquathon, 8 mile walk/swim.
Thanksgiving 50x100 2013
The Historic Belmont Plaza Olympic Pool
Our primary training grounds has been the historic Belmont Plaza Olympic Pool complex in Belmont Shore, Long Beach, California. The original Belmont Plaza Olympic Pool hosted the 1968 Olympic Trials and countless other age-group, high-school, collegiate, national and international swimming, diving, and water polo championships. Almost all swimmers in the area have competed at Belmont Plaza during their competitive careers.
Unfortunately, in recent years there have been many leaks and major issues with this legendary pool. In early 2013, the pool building was determined to be “structurally unsound” in case of an earthquake and has been condemned to be torn down. Conveniently, the locker rooms, restrooms, and front lobby are able to be used because that part of the building is still considered safe.
The New Belmont Outdoor Pool
The new 50 Meter by 25 meter pool is our current home. Its purpose is to provide immediate water space to swimming, water polo, and recreational level programs. It will have a moveable bulkhead and be able to be used in many different configurations.
Our Master’s program will be able to swim both the 25 Yard Short Course format and the 50 Meter Long Course format on various days throughout the week.
This above ground pool is part of a master plan by the City of Long Beach to eventually re-design the entire Belmont Plaza complex. The master plan includes two (2) 50 meter pools, including a diving platform/tower, new locker rooms, classrooms, storage and offices.
Map to the Belmont Olympic Plaza: