I have trained, researched, coached, and consulted.
My experience & education will get you on a successful path towards your goals.
My Story & View
I was born in Los Angeles, California.
Growing up, I was lucky to have:
- Great parents that supported me being active, both mentally and physically.
- Great genetics. Once again thank you mom and dad.
- Great coaches in almost every sport I participated in.
- Great athletes and friends to train with and compete against.
- An environment that fostered honest effortsand hard work without fear of failure.
I am analytical and curious to an extreme. My actions are based on thought and my thoughts are based on a life dedicated to understanding how to best act.
For me understanding life is all about:
- … the rules of where I exist. Astronomy, Physics and Math.
- … the body I have. Its history of ancestors, capacity for adaptation, and tolerance to stress. Anthropology, Physiology, and Biomechanics.
- … the brain I have. Understanding that perceptions and thoughts are often wrong. Assume nothing; think it through every time. Philosophy and Psychology.
- … the spirit that drives my will. Testing the limits of my abilities with passion and sacrifice.
This holistic and analytical approach to life has served me well as a student, athlete, coach, friend, family member, and human being. I would be lost in life without addressing all those areas on a daily basis.
Chris Stolba, MS, CSCS®
July 2010 M.S. Exercise Science at California State University of Long Beach
December 2006 B.S. Kinesiology at University of Hawaii Manoa (UHM), Honolulu, HI
Mar 2016 – Present Swimming Coach for Surf Side Club Swim Team
Nov 2015 – Nov 2017 X-ray Tech & Health Consultant for DEXA, VO2, and RMR Testing at BodySpec
June 2015 – Aug 2017 Supervisor at Seaside Lagoon for the City of Redondo Beach
July 2010 – June 2016 Independent Trainer, Coach, Sports Consultant
Aug 2014 – June 2016 Boy’s & Girl’s Water Polo & Swimming Coach for Torrance High School
Feb 2013 – May 2015 Pool Coordinator & Supervisor for the Redondo Beach Unified School District
Jan 2012 – May 2014 Swimming Coach for Redondo Union High School
Feb 2011 – Aug 2013, Sept 2009 – Jan 2010 Strength Coach for Aquatic Programs at Redondo Beach High School
Nov 2010 – Jan 2013, Aug 2003 – Dec 2003 Boy’s & Girl’s Water Polo Coach for Redondo Union High School
July 2008 – Oct 2009 Strength Coach at California State University of Long Beach
Jan 2007 – Aug 2008 Personal Trainer at 24 Hour Fitness
Aug 2006 – Dec 2006 Aquatic Sport & Clinical Internship – Underwater Filming, Digitization, Biomechanic Analysis of Division 1 Athletes and Aqua-therapy Sessions
June 2003 – Aug 2005 Swim Instructor / Lifeguard for Redondo Beach Unified School District
Mar 2004 – Dec 2004 Action Sports Salesperson & Customer Support for REI
Coach / Training Consultant: Cycling - Road Racing & Criterium Racing / Water Polo / Swimming / Junior Guard Prep / Outrigger Canoe Paddling / Flat Water Sprint Kayak / Endurance Obstacle Course / Soccer / Running / Pole Vaulting & Track / Body Building
Life Time Competitive Athlete: Many Hours Dedicated to Training in Many Sports: Water Polo, Outrigger Canoe Racing, Soccer, Swimming, Cycling, Running, Skateboarding & Baseball
Nutrition Programming: Sports Nutrition / Weight Loss / Weight Gain
Student Senator for University of Hawaii: Liaison Between Student Body and School Management
Senate Responsible for $500,000 Annual Budget for Planning & Executing Student Body Activities or Services
Kappa Sigma Fraternity Leadership Roles – Delegation and Organization / Fund Raising / Community Service
First Aid / CPR / AED / Lifeguarding - Current
NSCA: CSCS - Certified Strength & Conditioning Specialist since 2007
Limited License X-Ray Technician - Current
If you would like to get a hold of Coach Chris you can reach him at:
[email protected] or [email protected]