The following is a general summary of the progression a swimmer will take through the course of his/her swimming career with regards to achieving time standards. This is a great tool to use for goal setting and reaching the next step. Challenge yourself Orcas!
USA Motivational Times - These are listed as B,BB,A,AA,AAA, and AAAA. They usually are not linked to a standard for any particular swim meet. Each level is an average of all times achieved by all swimmers in the USA. Swimmers that have achieved AAAA times for their age group represent a very small percentage of the total swimmers in the United States.
1) Junior Olympics (Age Group) - Just under BB times
2) South West Age Group Regionals (Age Group) - Around A times
3) Far Western Championship (Age Group& Senior) - Just Above AA times
4) Western Zone Championships (Age Group, 10 & under - 14 years only) - Just under AAA times
5) Sectionals (Senior)
6) Speedo Futures (Senior)
7) Junior Nationals (Senior)
- Division III through Division I College Time Standards
8) Senior Nationals (Senior)
9) Olympic Trials (Senior)