SWIMMER CODE OF CONDUCT
As a member of Merced Skimmers Swim Team, your athlete/family are part of a swimming organization that believes teamwork, integrity, respect and good sportsmanship are more important than winning. By signing this Code of Conduct, I and my athlete(s) agree to follow the rules for behavior and sportsmanship while we are members of Merced Skimmers Swim Team.
1. I promise to show respect and common courtesies at all times to the team members, coaches, competitors, officials, parents and for all facilities and other property used during practices, competitions and team activities.
2. I promise to demonstrate good sportsmanship during all practices, competitions, and team activities.
3. I will be an active participant in all team practices, competitions, fundraising events and other team activities.
4. I will come to all team sponsored events in the appropriate attire.
5. I will respect the coaches' and officials' instructions and will make every effort to be on
time for workouts, competitions, and team events.
6. I will refrain from foul language, violence, behavior deemed dishonest, discourteous,
disrespectful, or offensive to others.
PART 1 - GENERAL CONDUCT
The undersigned athlete/coach participating with/for the Merced Skimmers Swim Team agrees to abide by the guidelines outlined below in addition to those established by the staff.
1. All swimmers are expected to follow the directions of the staff.
2. All swimmers and staff members are required to attend all team meetings and training
sessions, unless excused by staff.
3. Dishonest, theft, and/or vandalism will not be tolerated.
4. Indiscreet or destructive behavior will not be tolerated.
5. every effort should be made to avoid guilt by association with such activities as those
PART 2 - VIOLATION OF THE CODE
The coaches have the power to impose penalties for violation of the Merced Skimmers Swim Team Code of Conduct. The penalties include, but are not limited to, the following:
1. The swimmer will be given a verbal warning.
2. The swimmer will be sent home with a written warning and the coach will contact the
3. The swimmer will need to be accompanied by a parent at practice for four (4) consecutive