Silver I: This group meets 3 times a week for an hour and a half each practice and builds upon the fundamental swimming skills learned in the Bronze Group. Basic drills and training techniques for each stroke are introduced progressively to improve overall coordination and efficiency in the water.
Training Equipment: Training Swim Suit, Goggles, Cap
Move Up Criteria to Join Silver II Group:
- Swim 100 IM legally, with the following skills:
- Freestyle skills include: Catch at full extension, Arm pull finish past the hip, Swim with a 6-beat kick, Push off underwater in streamline with one dolphin kick
- Backstroke skills include: Pull with fingertips toward the side of the pool, Push off underwater in streamline with one dolphin, Execution of backstroke turn/finish without looking at the wall (knows backstroke count)
- Breastroke skills include: Legal Pull motion, Complete underwater pull out
- Butterfly Skills include: Simultaneous over water arm recovery, Feet together on kick, Push off underwater in streamline with one dolphin kick
- Turn Skills: Flip/open turn with push off underwater
- Pace Clock Skills: Ability to read intervals of :45, :50 :60, 1:10; 1:15
- Meet Participation: Must participate in 2 USA swim meets with TNT.
- Sunday: 4:00 PM - 5:30 PM @ El Diamante
- Tuesday & Thursday 6:00 PM - 7:30 PM @ El Diamante
Silver I Coach: Allison Baker
Silver II: This group meets 5 times a week. The training swimmers receive will reflect the competitive nature of swimming. Swimmers begin aerobic base training and interval training, advanced technique foundation in all four strokes, continued kick strengthening, practice and refinement of race skills, and will receive education on swim meet preparation and procedures. Dryland is introduced to the group as skill acquisition (i.e. intro to dynamic stretching, how to do a proper push up, squat, lunge and plank).
Move up criteria to Gold group will be via time qualifications through "test sets" at practice and times swum at USA swim meets.
Training Equipment: Mesh Bag, Kickboard, Pull Buoy, Small Paddles, Short Length Fins, Snorkel. Purchase these items at our team store: TNT Visalia Swim Gear
Move Up Criteria to Join Gold Group:
- 2 Junior Olympic qualifying times in current age group and/or Silver 2 Coach recommendation.
- At least 10 years old
- 500 free under 6:30
- 10 x 50 free @ :45 or 5 x 100 @ 1:30
- 12 x 25 IM order @ :30 or 8 x 50 IM order @ 1:00
- 10 x 50 kick @ 1:00
- Ability to read pace clock intervals: All Intervals
- Sunday: 4:00 pm - 5:30 pm @ El Diamante
- Monday - Thursday: 6:00 - 7:30 PM @ El Diamante
Silver II Coach: Allison Baker