Do you enjoy working with children? Do you have an outgoing and friendly personality? Then this is the job for you! Santa Clara Swim Club is a renowned, world class swim club founded in 1951. Our mission is to inspire excellence through the sport of swimming. As an instructor for the Learn to Swim program, you will teach swimming to students ages 6 months through adults. We focus on teaching beginners the basics, as well as preparing advanced swimmers for our competitive team. Swimming is a life skill. Join our team to make a positive impact on someone’s life today.
- Complete 40-50 hours of paid training.
- Instruct students of all ages and ability levels using our proven curriculum.
- Maintain a safe and positive teaching environment.
- Assist set-up and take-down as needed (help cover/uncover the pool, gather equipment for lessons, clean your area after classes, etc.).
- Occasional paid staff meetings and trainings either onsite or online.
- This is a part-time, non-exempt position.
- Must be comfortable in water. Competitive swimming experience preferred but not required. We will provide all the training necessary to teach legal competitive technique.
- Enjoy working with children. Prior experience teaching or coaching children preferred but not required.
- Enjoy working outside all year. All pools are outdoor.
- Professional attitude and on time to all shifts.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Commitment to safety (current CPR and First Aid certification a plus).
- Must be able to pass a criminal background check.
- Santa Clara Swim Club is a tobacco and drug free environment.
What You’ll Love About Us
- We are a team where everyone is appreciated and respected.
- We offer paid training.
- We have a referral bonus.
- We offer in house CPR training or reimbursement.
- We provide winter and summer uniforms, staff shirts, and gifts of appreciation.
- We have a set schedule, so you will have consistent hours.
- Great for college students, teachers, or anyone who likes working with children.
Contact the Swim School Manager, Liz Ratliff to apply at [email protected]