General Lesson Policies:
- All EMAC Lessons (including Private Lessons) participants scheduled at Steel Fitness Premier must check in at the reception desk upon arrival and Sign-In on the Check-In Sheet. EMAC lesson participants scheduled at EMAC's outdoor facility will Sign-In on the Check In Sheet in the Lobby and then locate the Site Supervisor on the deck.
- EMAC lesson participants should never contact Steel Fitness Premier for information regarding lessons. Please contact the EMAC Lesson Coordinator at email@example.com with any questions or concerns.
- EMAC lesson participants should never contact EMAC Competitive Staff or access the EMAC Competitive Website for information regarding lessons. Please contact the EMAC Lesson Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org or access the Contact Us button on the emacswimamerica.org website.
- EMAC lesson swimmers may not enter the water or sit at the pools edge until called by the Site Supervisor or their Lesson Instructor. In addition EMAC lesson participants may not play/practice in the any of pools (including the baby pool at the EMAC outdoor facility) before or after their scheduled lesson time. This includes lesson participants in Parent Child Classes and Private and Semi-Private lessons.
- EMAC lesson swimmers must be able to listen, follow directions, and wait their turn for the safety of themselves and others swimmers.
- EMAC lesson participants are NOT permitted in the adult only Steel Fitness Premier locker room facilities. Please use the Family Locker room.
- Evaluations are conducted to accurately place swimmers in the appropriate group.
- All classes cancelled by EMAC will be rescheduled.
- Goggles are recommended for Levels 2 & up (none that enclose nose) or whenever your child is comfortable with face/eyes in the water.
- All swimmers must wear a swim cap.
- One piece swim suits are recommended for girls.
- Swim diapers are required if not toilet trained.
- Swimmer must remove band-aids, jewelry and should not chew gum while swimming.
- No one should swim with open sores, contagious skin conditions or contagious illnesses.
- Parents/guardians are not permitted in the no parent zone around the pool deck and should remain in the seating areas.
- Requests for a specific lesson coach are not guaranteed.
- Circumstances may require the need of a substitute lesson coach.
- Inclement Weather Cancelations: EMAC will provide make ups for any classes EMAC cancels for Inclement Weather.
Group Lessons (Parent/Child, Pre-School, Group, and Pre-Competitive):
- All swimmers entering Pre-School Group Lessons, Group Lessons, and Pre-Competitive must receive an Assigned Level Group. Assigned Level Groups are given at Evaluations or the Session Immediately prior to the Session Swimmers are registering for.
- Placement and advancement in a group will be at the sole discretion of the Site Supervisor. If a lesson participant registers in the wrong group, the Lesson Coordinator or Site Supervisor will advise what day, time, and level group the participant my move to.
- EMAC reserves the right to cancel any group classes that are not filled and to reassign swimmers to another group class.
- EMAC may combine levels to form a class in lieu of canceling a class.
- Classes must have the minimum enrollment requirement in order to be held.
- Enrollment of classes is on a space available basis.
- Due to pool availability and the complexity of scheduling, EMAC does not offer make-ups/refunds for missed classes.
Privates and Semi Private Lessons:
- Participants must reach the age of 3 prior to the start of the lesson
- Be able to listen and follow directions.
- A minimum of 3 Private or Semi-Private Lessons must be scheduled.
- Privates are scheduled within Sessions. Session Dates can be found HERE. Inquiries for Private Lessons after a session has begun will be filled based on instructor availability.
- Semi Privates require two swimmers. Swimmers should be equal in water skills, ability and close in age. Semi-Privates may be split up 15 minutes one swimmer and 15 minutes the other swimmer if swimmers are not close in age or vary differently in water skills. EMAC does not provide the second swimmer for Semi-Privates.
- Private and Semi Private Lesson's must be coordinated through the Lesson Coordinator.
- Payment is received prior to the first lesson scheduled. If payment is not received prior to scheduled lesson the lesson will be canceled.
- All cancelations must be received 6 hours prior to the scheduled lesson time by contacting EMAC (email@example.com / 215-407-3089) or the lesson will be forfeited. There will be no make-ups for absences where EMAC is not notified in advance.
- Make Up Classes: will only be offered when notification is received 6 hours prior to the scheduled class. All Make Ups must be scheduled within the current session. EMAC will provide the participant with dates that are available within a session for all make ups.
- Cancelations made by EMAC will be provided with a make-up day or credit to their lesson account for class(es).
- Lesson Participants that do not show up for their lesson will forfeit that lesson and no make-up will be scheduled.
- All Credits and Refunds for Privates will be placed on the members account not refunded to the members credit card.