LEVEL 3 CLASSIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
Level 3 is for our swimmers who have mastered the Level 2 objectives. In freestyle, learning to have a proper “side-breath” is one of the most difficult tasks for a child. Level 3’s main objective is to have swimmers master this technique. By the end, swimmers will be able to comfortably swim freestyle and perform the “side-breath” repeatedly.
- Master swimming freestyle with a “side-breath.”
- Perform various exercises without the use of swimming devices.
- In order to be placed in Level 3, swimmers must be able to complete all 5 Level 2 Objectives.
Safety Skills Taught:
- How to react if others are in need of help around the pool.
Water Skills Taught:
- Continue to develop skills mastered in Level 2.
- Proper technique for freestyle with a “side-breath”
- Master the backstroke
- Learn kicking techniques without the use of swimming devices
Level 3 Objectives:
Before any Level 3 swimmer can advance to our Level 4, he/she must be able to complete the following objectives. Once all objectives are achieved, the instructor will give approval to move on to level 4.
1 – Hopping Frog Bobs- Comfortably hop up and down in shallow end while moving for 15-25ft
2 – Kick on Stomach No Equipment 1 lap.
3 – Kick on Back No Equipment 1 lap
4 – Freestyle with correct side breath 1 lap
5 – Backstroke for 1 lap
Swimmers must master ALL exercises in the Advancement category before they can move on to the next Level. Some swimmers may have to stay in this Level for more than one round on lessons in order to accomplish all Advancement tasks and move on to the next Level.